Thread: MVAC Open

MVAC Open

My thanks to all at Meon for yesterdays open shoot. My memories pretty hazy but I'm certain this was the first comp I've attended in more than a year, not counting internal club comps, so getting the pellet in the barrel the right way around was always going top be the biggest challenge

Three top courses, HFT, Gamble and pistol which proved testing especially the 2nd shot on the rat at about HFT lane 27. "interesting"

The Gamble started well but went down hill fast the further I got from the burger van. Hefting an EV2 for 20 shots does make the arms ache and with Liam dropping near on every target standing, poor Mike and I had no option but to take each shot standing to save loosing face....we failed. Nice shooting Liam, even if you were crap with a pistol

Now with regards to the pistol, when are you lot going to start using proper pistols instead of those namby pamby pre-charge/CO2's with "no miss" sights eh? Where were the "real" guns with iron sights and a kick to make you feel good, was I the only one not to bring a "match" pistol HW45's rule (or BSA Scorpions).

Seriously, a great day out at a fantastic venue with an equally fantastic bunch of people. A special thanks to Mike and Liam for their company.

Regards

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Hi Bob.
    When are you going to start moving with the times and get a more modern pistol, instead of that pre-historic thing you call a pistol. I think the scores speak for themselves.

Alan.
    Gives my pellets wings

Quote Originally Posted by REDBULL View Post
    Hi Bob.
    When are you going to start moving with the times and get a more modern pistol, instead of that pre-historic thing you call a pistol. I think the scores speak for themselves.

Alan.
    Well I guess if you're using Nintendo replicas, the scores would be high

Talking of scores, will they be up soon?

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Really enjoyed the day excellent courses set up to get you thinking, and plenty of banter to keep you smiling well done to those who did well and seeing some of the attempts at the pistol they needed all the help they could get
    AA S400 “The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun.”