Thread: Cp 88 silencer

Cool Cp 88 silencer

Hi I have decided to quieten my CP88 which deliveres a good sounding crack when fired its one of the older shiney models so I purchased a Brocock branded adapter from a well known E**Y supplier now having fitted it along with a silencer very quiet pistol but very poor performance compaired to before I have checked the inside of the silencer to see if any visable signs of pellet marks some visable but only slight.When fitting a silencer to a rifle I counted equal turns on the grub screw and had no problems with either power loss or being able to hit what I was aiming at,lost
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

You said "only slight" marks of pellet hitting silencer.Any type of collision will send pellet way off course. I found the best way to silence a CP88 is to fit the 6 inch barrel which protrudes 2 inches from the slide and fit a proper silencer using a barrel bushing.Very quiet and accurate.
    If you want to stay with your current setup, you can put a slightly larger diameter drill down through the silencer to make the bore larger for clearer path for pellet.

Baz

thanks for noise suppresion

thanks for that,I bought an other brocock moderator slightly shorter and more stubby jobs a goodun ? why I know same make just shorter and slimmer should make it a lot better for the neighbours
    Last edited by davymole; 22-08-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling error
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance