Thread: As uberti gone

As uberti gone

Hi all new to BP arts and was seeking advise from a H kranks rep and was told uberti was in trouble any one else heard the same as I was thinking of buying a •36 Remington BP from uberti via kranks as a starter BP revolver was he pulling my chain as can't find any thing on web about it if this post is old news sorry but it's new to me thanks guys
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Iv not heard anything but Kranks are Uberti agents so who knows. Tim

Uberti

I waited about 8 moths for some parts for an uberti underlever, once bitten twice shy

After reading this thread, I did what anybody here could have done, and called Kranks. The nice young lady I spoke to, Ana, assured me in NO uncertain terms that the company of Aldo Uberti was in extremely good health, thank you, and working very hard to fill the HUGE amount of back orders, mainly from the USA, as well as the rest of the world, UK included. I'd like to point out that the USA actually buys almost half of everything that Uberti produces - and that includes the entire rest of the world. The UK, by comparison, has an almost invisible requirement for their products.

So the old rumour mill has it wrong again.

If in doubt, call up the importers, or better yet, call the makers themselves, and don't listen to Chinese Whispers.

My advice to the OP is to buy a Uberti revolver and enjoy it in good health.

tac

PS - Ana will be along in a while to put Krank's comment here, OK?
    Last edited by tacfoley; 17-08-2013 at 08:00 AM.

uberti

had a Uberti 38-40 winchester on order for more than a year,
    kranks just blame the yanks for taking everything,which they probably do,
    got one from Western shooting supplies a couple of weeks ago,no idear how he got them and Kranks can not,did not argue as 38-40 has been sitting on my ticket for a long time waiting to be filled,
    think i am putting Kranks down as they fill my orders 90% of the time and are allways helpfull to me,
    THANKS,T,

Uberti

Hi all thankyou for all your replies I have been told Uberti is fit and well so much for what my local gun shop as told me why couldn't he just say there is a longer wait due to large sales to USA simple now I've got the picture so will still be ordering my first BP revolver from kranks and will get it sent to is shop to show him uberti is still trading on this note if I have upset any one on this thread by asking a truthful question I am very sorry to have done so any MODs around please close this thread down now we all know there is no truth in what I was told thanks every one Frank
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero58 View Post
    Hi all thankyou for all your replies I have been told Uberti is fit and well so much for what my local gun shop as told me why couldn't he just say there is a longer wait due to large sales to USA simple now I've got the picture so will still be ordering my first BP revolver from kranks and will get it sent to is shop to show him uberti is still trading on this note if I have upset any one on this thread by asking a truthful question I am very sorry to have done so any MODs around please close this thread down now we all know there is no truth in what I was told thanks every one Frank
    Hi Mate,
    I don't think you need to apologise for your thread.
    You have been misinformed by someone about Uberti and by asking on the forum you have found the right answer.
    That is what the forum is for, answering questions and finding out.

We help each other when we can, which makes the forum worthwhile. The amount of information from forum members on different subjects leaves wikipedia behind.

If you want to know anything ask on BBS, it will be a rare occasion if you do not get an answer.

Atb

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    Hi Mate,
    I don't think you need to apologise for your thread.
    You have been misinformed by someone about Uberti and by asking on the forum you have found the right answer.
    That is what the forum is for, answering questions and finding out.

We help each other when we can, which makes the forum worthwhile. The amount of information from forum members on different subjects leaves wikipedia behind.

If you want to know anything ask on BBS, it wil a be a rare occasion if you do not get an answer.

Atb
    Thankyou for your replie when I get my BP revolver I will need alot of advice and I didn't want to be remembered as that guy that started a nasty rumour kind regaurds Frank
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero58 View Post
    Thankyou for your replie when I get my BP revolver I will need alot of advice and I didn't want to be remembered as that guy that started a nasty rumour kind regaurds Frank
    As the enfield2band mentioned, there is no need to make any kind of apology - you were just given duff gen by a gun-store dork, of which, sadly, there are far more than we need. We are all here to help you out when you get your new BP gun.

tac

The Pantiles gun shop in Tunbridge Wells has a few BP revolvers that you can go and look at if you wish.
    Not far from dover.

Steve.

I have Have a Uberti "improved" NMA .36 in the new finish.
    Had it a year now,looks like more,the charcoal blue on the cylinder almost wipes off with a touch,slight exaggeration maybe but not by far.
    Needed some work to get it working well.
    I have a 40+ year old Uberti with all its blue/chemi black that looks newer.
    Having bought new from kranks and used old but good,either way needs a little luck.
    Last edited by lostcat; 22-08-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo is my middle name

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    The Pantiles gun shop in Tunbridge Wells has a few BP revolvers that you can go and look at if you wish.
    Not far from dover.

Steve.
    Thanks Steve will check it out as you say not far may go for a jolly and have lunch there thanks
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by lostcat View Post
    I have Have a Uberti "improved" NMA .36 in the new finish.
    Had it a year now,looks like more,the charcoal blue on the cylinder almost wipes off with a touch,slight exaggeration maybe but not by far.
    Needed some work to get it working well.
    I have a 40+ year old Uberti with all its blue/chemi black that looks newer.
    Having bought new from kranks and used old but good,either way needs a little luck.
    Thank you for your kind advise over 40 years old and looks better then your new one can't be bad but I was wondering with the so called advances in hi tec tool working which shoots the best out of the two ? Thanks once again for your enlightend post Frank
    B.S.A.R Member