Thread: baikal makarov 654 pistol advice please

baikal makarov 654 pistol advice please

hi all,never held one of these but like the look of them and am thinking of getting one as a fun gun.firstly do these fire .177 lead balls or are they steel?.do they have rifled barrels and are they up to informal plinking on the 10m range or would I be lucky to get anything on the paper?.i am not looking for pinpoint accuracy I have other pistols that will do that .all advice would be much appreciated,cheers..greasemonkey
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Hi
    As long as refering to the Baikal MP654. They can fire lead and steel (and copper coated lead which tend to be best). They have rifled barrels and are reasonably powerful and reasonably accurate as a BB pistol.

They are however built like tanks from solid steel and will last a lifetime as well as very modable for both power and smoothness (and some cosmetics as well).

Have a pop over to the Mak forum to find some of us Mak lovers

http://makarovpistol.myfineforum.org...c62c0ed827366b

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I'm thinking of getting one to compliment my Witness 1911s

many thanks for the info,i have been looking on u tube etc and like what I see but beginning to think that usable accuracy at 10m would be expecting too much of this neat little pistol.would appreciate your opinions on this gentlemen please,many thanks..greasemonkey

10m may be pushing it to be honest, our Mak competition is at 6 yards (approx 5.5 meters) with some quite reasonable scores though. No such thing as single hole groups though more like all shots will be on the standard card target.

If you have a look on the MPA forum I posted the link for above the competition is listed so you can see what scores are possible at 6 yards

I tried it on IPAS plates and could hit an 18 yard plate but that just hit nothing more

Edit: I've just seen you are in Bedford, do you ever get to LVAGC? You're more than welcome to have a try with mine.

hi, thanks again for your info,the mak site is not available to view without joining and it would be unfair me to join for a one off look round.i am not aware of your club but appreciate your offer of trying your gun.i am a member of Bedford county rifle and pistol association,i will ask around there and see if someone has one I can try,cheers..greasemonkey

Where's the Bedford club (is it actually in Bedford?) I live in Luton and always interested to try a new place to shoot, so if no joy and your allowed a visitor I wouldn't mind popping up sometime and you can try one.

hi,the club is just outside Bedford in Clapham,visitors are made very welcome and are given a tour of the various ranges.its a nice friendly club but as far as I know visitors are not allowed to shoot primarily I believe because the club is mainly for live firing weaponry but we do have a 10m airgun range.we have a website which you will fInd if you google BCRAPA.we have quite a few members from luton.if you fancy a look pm me and I will meet you on a Friday night and show you around and buy you a beer at the club bar afterwards.cheers..greasemonkey