Thread: Ratcatcher HPA Conversion

Ratcatcher HPA Conversion

Basically I'm thinking of getting a Crosman 2250 and converting it to HPA (Air).

What I am hoping to do is run a line from the Ratcatcher to a Compressed Air Bottle on a pouch fitted onto my belt.
    I'd prefer to do it this way instead of using a King Ratcatcher and fitting a Bottle at the rear, as I can fit a lot larger bottle on my belt when compared to using the bottle as a stock on the King Ratcatcher.

I'm wondering what parts I need?

I assume the following :

1) Powerlet Eliminator
    2) Remote Line - Is the one end 1/8" Male so would fit straight into the Powerlet Eliminator or 90 Degree Bend, and the other end on the Paintball Bottle?
    3) 90 Degree Bend - Less pressure on the Remote Line
    4) Paintball/Compressed Air Bottle + Regulator. I've already got a 48cu, fitted with a 800PSI Output Regulator....Would this be suitable?

Is there anything else that I'd need to do/have?

Cheers and ATB
    Wanted : Book - 'An Insight to Sports : Featuring Trap Shooting'

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Basically I'm thinking of getting a Crosman 2250 and converting it to HPA (Air).

What I am hoping to do is run a line from the Ratcatcher to a Compressed Air Bottle on a pouch fitted onto my belt.
    I'd prefer to do it this way instead of using a King Ratcatcher and fitting a Bottle at the rear, as I can fit a lot larger bottle on my belt when compared to using the bottle as a stock on the King Ratcatcher.

I'm wondering what parts I need?

I assume the following :

1) Powerlet Eliminator
    2) Remote Line - Is the one end 1/8" Male so would fit straight into the Powerlet Eliminator or 90 Degree Bend, and the other end on the Paintball Bottle?
    3) 90 Degree Bend - Less pressure on the Remote Line
    4) Paintball/Compressed Air Bottle + Regulator. I've already got a 48cu, fitted with a 800PSI Output Regulator....Would this be suitable?

Is there anything else that I'd need to do/have?

Cheers and ATB
    A longer barrel would be helpful if you want max power with good shotcount.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by walrus1# View Post
    A longer barrel would be helpful if you want max power with good shotcount.
    Thats on the list too, along with a Steel Breech, possible Valve Change and a couple of other things.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I seem to recall that when converting to HPA, adding a 2nd retaining screw to hold the valve in the gas tube is a Very Good Idea...
    Good deals with these members

Seconded on the 2nd valve screw, I was a horror story about the whole valve and hammer assembly embedding itself in somebody's face.
    Not wishing to poo on party, but given the cost of all this wouldn't you be better off just buying a PCP, which will perform and handle better anyway?

I was waiting for someone to say that Bob, and its a good point.

If I'm honest, I don't think the build will cost that much.

A secondhand Ratcatcher around £70
    All parts around £100
    I've already got a bottle and Regulator

Just say £200 all in

You can't buy much for £200 in the PCP Market today, never mind a Regulated one
    Besides I like little projects like these

It will only be a short range, lightweight hunter
    The advantage is I will be able to get loads of shots, compared to cheaper PCPs

I know they can be a money pit, but if I keep it sensible I don't think I'll lose too much if I ever did sell

Fair Do's I've done a bit of Ratty modding in my time...
    Just make sure you get that valve pinned in mate.

Sounds like a good idea. There should be no need for an extra pin for the valve as the pressure will be the same as a CO2 capsule.
    I have a regulated HPA 2250 and it's very good
    Daz

Thanks Dan, I did think that 800PSI was the same pressure as CO2 Capsules, but if its easy enough I'll add a extra screw for piece of mind.

So what parts do I need folks? Was I close in my original post?

Hope you can protect the air line well as HP air lines and anything sharp (barbed wire, glass, knives) don't mix.

I have done this conversion three times, but with a bottle from a P.H. Phoenix, custom fitted with a short regulator, connected with a small braided hose to the rifle via a bulk fill setup.
    I didn't see the need to fit extra screws to the firing valve though, even at 1,000 psi, it can't blow back and hurt you. It would have to shear the two screws holding in the rear cylinder plug. The reason to fit the screws is to help stop the valve moving minutely to and fro in the housing, when the hammer hits the firing pin, if you get my drift.
    A regulated bottle gives extremely consistent fps. Every gun has cost me an arm and a leg, Crosmania I think, almost as bad as Alcoholism.
    I like Cornish Pasties.

Best regs for this are the new Ninja ones, I would use this reg and a 13CI (213cc tank)

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/docume...0Regulator.pdf