Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted Webley Junior

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    sure the one you bought is now plinking nicely, but this may be of some use to other owners.
    got a dog rough one that has been playing up a bit in various ways,accuracy going all over the place, hard to cock,grinding etc. Well it had a home made (by me) piston washer and breech seal, but the screw thread on the screw holding the piston washer was a bit crappy. I ordered a new one from Nibbs (at least they got THAT bit of the order right).
    already reversed the small link but it was still playing up a bit. I stripped the gun again and took the scores out of the cylinder and cleaned up the cocking slot as best I could.

I decided to shorten the mainspring, which I think is the correct size. Anyway, I took off 3 coils and flattened another 2 and the spring JUST sticks out of the cylinder when fitted into the piston.I mean about 1/8 inch/ 3mm.
    It is now a lot easier to cock and does not seem that much down on power. read that short,small diameter springs are stiffer, so guessing that got a bit more leverage before the spring really starts to compress?
    It is also a lot more accurate despite being a fixed sight version. putting most of that down to the piston washer probably moving when the old screw was in?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Webley Juniors

Hi Guy,
    the Junior for a friend was in good fettle, recent new spring and seals. My own Junior has a mild spring and shoots nicely, accurate and quiet for indoors. I either used an old standard spring or might have cut one of those skinny Relum rifle inner springs to fit with not much preload, it was years ago so not sure.

cheers
    torrens

Any More Juniors in need of a good home?

Now Torrens is "sorted" with his Junior - if there are any others still needing a good home please contact me as I am still looking for one.

I did not want to put a wanted ad. on here when it was taking so long for him to find one - but now I know he has one I am hoping there could be another one going out there for me to buy
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

If anyone has a cheap and or rough SENIOR, I might be doing a bit of shopping for that time of year. not too bothered if there are grips with it or not or if it is a bit rough or pitted, as this will be a plinker.

Of course if someone is throwing out a straight grip model, I will recycle it for you
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Greetings Guy,
    it strikes me it might get a bit confusing keeping my old wanted thread going ( which I'm now doing! ) perhaps you'll get a better response if you start a new wanted ad? Best of luck anyway, hopefully you'll get one in time to plink at the Xmas tree decorations.....

atb
    torrens

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    Greetings Guy,
    it strikes me it might get a bit confusing keeping my old wanted thread going ( which I'm now doing! ) perhaps you'll get a better response if you start a new wanted ad? Best of luck anyway, hopefully you'll get one in time to plink at the Xmas tree decorations.....

atb
    torrens
    I didn,t feel like starting a new thread I see you bought a Slavia Zvp to replace the olde Diana model 5. You must be missing the classic design

bump this and cross my fingers for a cheapo rough Webley SENIOR. If anyone has an olde unloved one seeking a new life?

I've also started a thread in general airgun in the hope of catching a wider audience.
    Last edited by ggggr; 21-10-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Hi Guy,
    you awkward b##gger, yes I missed the prewar Diana; the ZVP seems to shoot well but I still prefer my Webley Junior. Good luck anyway.

NOW I'll STEAL GUY'S THREAD; ANYONE GOT A USEABLE BSA CADET FOR SALE? TORRENS

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Now Torrens is "sorted" with his Junior - if there are any others still needing a good home please contact me as I am still looking for one.

I did not want to put a wanted ad. on here when it was taking so long for him to find one - but now I know he has one I am hoping there could be another one going out there for me to buy
    Zooma: Are you sorted out with a Junior now? Last week I bought a nice Mk II from a forum member. He is selling up his Webleys and he also had a Mk I Junior for sale (plus other Webleys). If you want his details send me a PM (before he sells 'em all).

Thanks for that des pleasure doing business buddy.I hope you enjoy the pistols.
    ATB brian.