Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match pistol for beginner

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    So no votes for the likes of the Tau -7?

B96 etc??

Hmmm.

Cheers.

Roy
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    So no votes for the likes of the Tau -7?

B96 etc??

Hmmm.

Cheers.

Roy
    Why would there be? - they were not listed on the OP's shortlist...

But just for the sake of balance
    The B-96 is 5 shot self-loader and whilst capable enough is not the best option as a single shot precision match gun (and not legal for match shooting without a single shot adaptor which is not the best solution).

The Tau-7 is a whole different matter and is a very capable tool, I shoot almost as well with my own as I can with my Morini and I have certainly shot my monthly match cards with it from time to time...Nowt to do with me - but theres one in the Sales section for £200 - Can't see much out shooting it for the price
    Last edited by harvey_s; 12-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Fwb 65

See sales section for my FWB 65.

Baz

If you can get hold of one, try a FAS. They did two versions, a lighter one (fantastic junior gun) and a heavier one that matched the weight of their .22LR target pistol. Single pump pneumatic. The trigger is superb for the money.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by PKFusion View Post
    If you can get hold of one, try a FAS. They did two versions, a lighter one (fantastic junior gun) and a heavier one that matched the weight of their .22LR target pistol. Single pump pneumatic. The trigger is superb for the money.
    Are you sure about that? I thought the only junior gun FAS produced was the 609 which was PCP.
    The SSP's were the 606 & 604's with the latter emulating the .22LR guns and as far as I'm aware the was only one frame size offered but with 2 grip options (one with an adjustable palm shelf and one without).
    But otherwise I agree that the triggers are very good on the 604's.

It's been a while since I bought mine, about 15 years...

Mine is a FAS 604 and when I bought it they also had an identical to look at but heavier 604 as well. I got the lighter one so my son could also use it but I often use it when I can't be bothered to get the FWB out! Sorry I do not know any more details, what you said it probably right! (The standard grip is pretty good as well)

This is a really useful thread for me

what target pistol

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    There's only 1 GOOD way to choose a targetpistol; try/feel and choose.
    A matchweapon must fit you, weight and balancewise etc
    I can tell you I dont like the FWB65 at all, balance and weightwise, but maybe its perfect for you

If you can afford it, ánd it suit you, I'd buy as recent as possible. That is, I prefer ssp above recoilspring for the way it shoots
    I have a aeron chameleon I personally would think they are up there with the best, checkmate guns would be one place to try. tdgunner

what target pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I have an fwb80 and i get on with it really well. I would never part with it as its the best and most accurate spring pistol i have ever owned.

As said if co2 is ok with you then might i suggest a tau 7 or a brno aeron.

Before you spend money, try every target pistol you can and let the pistol do the chosing by how well you shoot with it.

However if you chose wrong, you can usually sell a quality target pistol on with no loss to your pocket.

Good luck with your search!
    hi , I would strongly recommend a aeron chameleon, co2 powered getting around 70 good shots, I have one its brilliant, Robert cleverly of lancs (checkmate guns)
    regards and good luck. tdgunner