Thread: Interesting findings of Walther LP53 and Lucznik

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Yes you will need to order the P18 spring which is the same spring offered for the Predom. Type in Lucznik predom pistol tune, or Konceptus. You can choose to buy the full kit or the mainspring on its own.
    Your engineer will need to make a Delrin guide rod or modify the one provided by Konceptus (if you order the full kit) to fit your Walthers.
    I would go for the full kit. Let me know how you get on.
    Had planned to charge you minimally in order to try something slightly different but doubt ill go into production since acquiring a teaching post.
    Thanks Clarky,
    I've just sent off for a Tuning kit as recommended. That was very good of you to offer and I would have been happy to pay you for your time and effort but I'm a little reluctant to trust one of my babies to the mercies of the postal system!

Will let you know how I get on.

Good luck with the teaching post.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Thanks Clarky,
    I've just sent off for a Tuning kit as recommended. That was very good of you to offer and I would have been happy to pay you for your time and effort but I'm a little reluctant to trust one of my babies to the mercies of the postal system!

Will let you know how I get on.

Good luck with the teaching post.

John
    Thanks bro...tell your engineer to go with drilling out the guide rod provided in the kit to go over the guide rod in the pistol with a slip fit.
    He may have to skim 1.5mm off the rod length to ensure it does not collide with the piston head guide rod during full cocking

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Thanks bro...tell your engineer to go with drilling out the guide rod provided in the kit to go over the guide rod in the pistol with a slip fit.
    He may have to skim 1.5mm off the rod length to ensure it does not collide with the piston head guide rod during full cocking
    Just to up-date this old post with the conclusion of my work on the LP53 ....i achieved 495 fps and this with the heavier Rws R10 8.2 grain pellet.

The power pod....my own version gave similar to the one now provided but i used a black delrins guide of slightly more slip. The production version is quite tight to facilitate the removal of spring twang but i found my version with 0.1mm clearance inside the spring did not produce any twang in the slightest but released all the spring energy.

I also fitted a TR Robb style piston head but my own version with a piston weight similar to the one in the power pod kit.
    Finally after fairly extensive research i found that RWS R10 and Geko work best due to the walthers tight barrel, indeed even in std spec my gun got 407fps.... out gunning my Hw40 before i even started the project.
    The Geko gave 405 fps and half inch groups at 8 yds at half the price.

That completes the tuning work, but i later went onto produce a K short barrel version which handles beautifully but requ ires the use of the cocking knob.
    Love these Beaver tail Walthers once tuned.
    Last edited by clarky; 04-12-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Someone makes a tuning kit for the LP53 I have seen them at Protek Supplies
    http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/walther-spares.html
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    Someone makes a tuning kit for the LP53 I have seen them at Protek Supplies
    http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/walther-spares.html
    Yes i know.....it was my idea from the outset.
    I came up with the idea many moons ago but had nothing to do with the Walther.
    It was actually a double spring unit for a Webley Tempest made by Steve Harper.
    It ruined the gun really so i back engineered the Walther....using a modified Konceptus kit.
    Last edited by clarky; 04-12-2016 at 07:13 PM.