Thread: Interesting findings of Walther LP53 and Lucznik

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Cocking effort is perhaps slightly increased. Final thock at end of stroke marginally increased with the Delrin Top hat versus stock set up but spring twang and vibration through grip totally eliminated.
    Having learnt to use a tight grip with the 53.....quite unlike other springers, incl. rifles, one is better able to control the accuracy and slight extra increase of the top hat in steel (extra weight and power) made little or no difference to me personally.
    I may offer a Delrin Top hat for anyone who is interested that has purchased the kit.
    I will extensively test further to find out just how much accuracy improvement can be had by swapping out the weighted top hat but in complete honesty im feeling little difference.
    Ill post again after anothers days testing.
    Ok the results of 2 more evenings testing.
    I realise this is of little interest to many... and with such small internals, the margins of gains/losses quite probably too small for most to get excited about but ill add it anyway for future 53 enthusiasts.

Dropped in an identical top hat in black delrin and put in a half hr session of shooting at 10 metres.
    There is a definate reduced noise or thock. Its difficult to be certain if this is just from reduced inertia or the lack of metal contact on the piston face behind the piston head.
    Pellets hit 7mm lower on target.....a judgement made by averaging from 5 cards.
    Width ctr to ctr of groups is almost identical but vertical stringing approx 4mm reduced in spread across the 5 cards but almost neglible when just comparing card against card.....u need to produce a bunch of cards to spot the small differences with pistols, rather than just saying nah no difference and binning the excersice.
    Velocity figues ...R10.....448 fps, 452 fps, 451 fps, 448 fps, 446 fps
    Thats very consistant and with the leather washer remarkably similar to the shots in my cold garage to here in the 22 degrees of the club.

I think ill end the testing here but think i have a achieved a good record of conclusions from stock or modified parts for future reference for the enthusiast.
    Last edited by clarky; 05-01-2017 at 08:38 PM.