Thread: Interesting findings of Walther LP53 and Lucznik

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Just like to say that this has been a totally great thread with lots of advice and shared knowledge. I have two LP53s - both mint and boxed with all accessories except the barrel weights. I have one of each brown and black grip versions and they both still shoot very well. I bought my very first LP53 back in the early 60's on a birthday shopping trip to the Army and Navy Stores in London, but like many things, it disappeared as I moved around. Apart from the scrawny-looking backsight, it still has the air of being a 'real' gun' - just as Walther intended.

tac

PS - if anybody here collects serial numbers, I can let you know by PM. I also have my raffle-prize Walther LG55 target rifle, too, but sadly the seal went just before Christmas, leaving me three shots short of winning a local competition.
    Good for you, despite some groans i actually like the rear sight. Ideally it should have had something like the Walther Olympic full bore weapon did, dovetailed in or screwed onto the Beaver tail receiver .....(already been there and done that many years back) but ive grown to like the one fitted.
    Try comparing it against many available on most air rifles and pistols and you will start to appreciate it more.
    At least its range of movement can cover all the extremes to shoot exactl to the point of aim with no aim off....i can think of loads that dont, incl. most Co2 stuff.
    Last edited by clarky; 08-01-2017 at 05:13 PM.