Thread: Interesting findings of Walther LP53 and Lucznik

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Surely this weight is for a given spring wire gauge, OD, and coil rate, and would shift up or down for even slight variations in the resulting spring strength, no? A stronger spring will push a heavier piston just as fast, where a weaker spring would need a lighter piston to achieve the same piston velocity and resultant pellet velocity. I think.
    And you would be correct in regard of of an 80mm stroke rifle.
    However, at these levels i have found virtually nothing meaningful available from the majority of cut springs that fit it, save for its original duel spring set up with its inherrent problems.
    16 to 17 coils....very slight spacing differences.....making virtually no difference in its short stroke.

The key is correct guiding and piston weighting.
    Ive run maybe 50 experiments now, including a stock of 10 weights.
    The gun increases continually until the margin of 18 ish grams..is achieved....17 grams....or 19 grams not showing anything to report on with a range of spring types but go 21
    grams and i got a definate 15 fps loss. (the weight of the inverted guide rod down inside the piston with the top hat on the guide ....the opposite way around)
    25 grams resulting in furth losses.....of a slightly longer guide rod i had spun up a few weeks back.
    It suggests the margins are crossed, atleast with 2 Cometa springs and the Protek kit spring.

Edging downward, 15 grams saw a 15 fps drop.....with my smallest top hat that i first started the project with.
    i found no increase in piston slam....indeed slight improvement of control of secondary recoil over stock.
    This tool requires weighting for sure but only so far.
    A weight of 17 to 19 grams appears to have found the parameters......at least in my experiments

My final experiments will involve Special delrin work in the form of tiny slip rings machined into a circular groove in the ends of the load baring faces of the top hat and guide....as ultra slip thrusters.
    Its just an idea....i just like messing but my final set up will not include plastic i think.....just playing .
    Last edited by clarky; 04-02-2017 at 06:05 PM.