Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting an Air Rifle

Posting an Air Rifle

Hi guys
    I would appreciate some advice on posting an Air Rifle to Another member. I have sent Parcels via special delivery before but an air rifle falls outside the maximum parcel size - so I am assuming I should send it Insured via parcel line maybe?

Many thanks.
    Benelli M2 comfotech, Beretta silver pigeon, Marlin 1894 44mag, cz511,
    tuned hw95k, Sako 85 stainless synthetic .243

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Pacel Force 48hr service is the only delivery service other than RMSD who will take airguns

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Pacel Force 48hr service is the only delivery service other than RMSD who will take airguns

This ^^^^^^^^

Another option when using RMSD was to seperate the stock from the action in order to fit and pack it into a box that was within the permitted size.

I used to use Parcel Force 48 before the new ruling but at the risk of not being able to claim if the item went missing as it was not a permitted item.

Good Luck.

With parcel force 48 although I use this also u can't claim any more than £100 claim on a airgun even if u insure it for 700

I asked about the insurance thing & my post master could not find any restriction on air guns, but there is on several other listed items.
    He also said if you state the contents first then ask & pay for the cover they have accepted the contract so must honour it.

Read the panflet they give u when u sighn The agreement

I use A W Express see link below
    www.awexpress.com/
    They are very good and cheaper than Royal Fail. I'm not sure about the insurance options but when I spoke to them any thing like that will be in the cab with the driver and be made a priority drop.
    HTH. Hal

With parcel force 48 although I use this also u can't claim any more than £100 claim on a airgun even if u insure it for 700
    Not according to this if you pay the seemingly reasonable enhanced fee. Where does it mention airguns are covered in a different way?

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-info...d-compensation

The online sytem still claims ths mate if u read

In the event of Parcelforce Worldwide returning an item to the sender due to contravention of customs regulations for Prohibited Goods, the charges will not be refunded and a return charge may apply.
    Arms and Ammunition
    All firearms including: imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; air rifles, air pistols, components of firearmsand all other items similar to, or resembling the foregoing are prohibited. All ammunition (including components thereof) and airgun pellets are also prohibited.

Ask your postmaster befor u post your rifle and ask for the leaflet as i say the online system still says there prohibited but hey wot do i no or then again use the search bar must be 10 threads covering this subject now

Have a read of other posts where lads have had the sence to contact parcelforce first. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ght=Royal+mail

Left hand- right hand= ParcelFarce.
    This is what it says on THESE guidelines

Prohibited goods
    In the event of Parcelforce Worldwide returning an item to the sender due to contravention of customs
    regulations for Prohibited Goods, the charges will not be refunded and a return charge may apply.
    Arms and ammunition
    Ammunition (other than lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles) is prohibited.
    All weapons (including Section 5 firearms, CS gas and pepper sprays, flick knives, tasers and stun guns

http://www.parcelforce.com/sites/def...ary%202013.pdf

Yeah mate its a joke the system is out dated ive just had a claim off them got the £100 even tho the gunwas insured for £700 ask for the paper work befor u sighn the agreement the gun wasnt lost but stock damaged im afraid face to face is only fail safe way

I'm trying to understand this dave are you saying you expected the full insurance value paid out when it only suffered minor damage?

parcelforce 48 is now the approved way to send i sent a co2 pistol (no co2 or pellets where included)by next day del with royal mail over 1 month ago they seized it and have it on hold saying it is a suspicious item and may be disposed of i have spent hours on the phone to them and have got noware/ there are others in the same situation as well/ i have been told by them i should have sent it p48! although they will accept air pistols and airguns they may well hold it and treat it the same way so beware

All of the rules appear to relate to international post - there doesn't seem to be any mention of the rules applying to posting guns to private addresses within the UK.