Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 Taurus LBR

.22 Taurus LBR

After a bit of a wait my new .22 LBR arrived and i managed a couple of hours at the range with it today. At £380 delivered
    I'm very impressed. I nearly payed a lot more so many Thanks to my local RFD Andrew Cooney for getting me one direct
    from the importer. Iv had one in .357 for a long time and side by side theres very little difference till you look at the size
    of the holes in the chamber and barrel. Finish is excellent with no rough edges or blemishes and the grips fit snuggly to the
    frame with no gaps etc.
    First seven rounds dropped in nicely and the cylinder closed with a slight click as the locking pin slid into place. Raising the
    gun to take aim you are aware of the long barrel due to the sights being mounted at either end of it but sight picture is very
    good, certainly better than my ProTSC 1911. Trigger is absolutely brilliant, light and crisp with no creep and again far better
    than the 1911. At 20m unaided shooting single handed the first five shots went nicely into the 8/9 rings so well chuffed. I did
    put the last 2 shots off a bit but thats me not the gun! After about a hundred shots i was keeping em mostly in the 31/2" PL14
    black. I tried minimag and blazer ammo both of which performed faultlessly and ejecting the spent cases is a doddle.
    Overall im really impressed with the little calibre Taurus. If id splashed out £2200 on the Volquartson which i had considered
    and it had had shot like the Taurus i would have been happy so to get the same level off accuracy from a £380 revolver I'm
    chuffed to bits. Im not saying the Taurus is as good as the Volquartson but non the less I'm well happy. Tim

nice review there tim, does it weigh about same as the 357 taurus
    ballkeeper

Yep, looks identical in size and feels about the same in weight although i haven't weighed them. If they are side by side you have to look at the bore or chamber to tell them apart.

cheers tim .22 .357. 22 -357 hard to choose
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 04-09-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    ballkeeper

Hard decision! .22 is nice to shoot and you dont have to reload. Its also cheeper to buy.
    .357 is the iconic revolver round but you have to reload unless your rich. Its more expensive
    to buy and shoot but its a .357!! Iv got both and like them both equally but if i could only
    have one it would be the errr! Sod it, get both!!

errr! Sod it, get both!
    i wish,have to be one or the other
    ballkeeper

Ok, it would probably be the .22RF. Its the same gun but cheeper to buy, cheeper to shoot and is possibly more accurate.

sent you a pm tim ,but your inbox is full,
    ballkeeper

Sorry, All empty now.

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    If id splashed out £2200 on the Volquartson which i had considered
    and it had had shot like the Taurus i would have been happy so to get the same level off accuracy from a £380 revolver I'm
    chuffed to bits. Im not saying the Taurus is as good as the Volquartson but non the less I'm well happy. Tim
    That 'spare' £1820 is a LOT of .22 ammunition.

tac

i ll re-send pm tim
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 09-10-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    ballkeeper

thank you tac,

ordered my .22 taurus
    ballkeeper

I've never used on in .22, but have extensively used on in .357magnum. Love it, ok it's not a 'real' handgun, but I still enjoy it. Not having grown up with handguns and having only shot with them abroad on a limited basis I found I got used to the arm brace very quickly, unlike many I know who were pistols owners before the ban.

The only issue I have is that the chambers are a little tight for speed loader use, it takes some real thought and precision to use the speedloaders.

arrived today 12 wks yikes, cheers tim for the reveiw
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 24-12-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    ballkeeper

Speedloaders for Taurus .22 revolvers

I've developed a 3D-printed speedloader for Taurus .22's - it was a project for my Club Chairman (I owed him a few favours). Is it worth marketing it? There's also a 28-round loading tray to go with it.
    Update: I’ve now sold quite a few of these via , and have refined the design. There’s now also a magnetic insert for .38spl speedloader pouches which allows you to have these on your belt like any other speedloader. If you’re interested, either look on a popular auction site (search for Taurus .22) or contact me directly.
    Last edited by Richard52; 14-03-2023 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Update