Thread: Crossman Medalist 11 Mod 1300 .22

Crossman Medalist 11 Mod 1300 .22

Hi
    Any one have one of these
    I have just purchased a second hand one
    Can you recomend a pellet that you use that you have had good results with accuracy
    I know I can buy a selection of 8 assorted of auction sit but asking your advise first
    Thanks for any help
    Mick
    ps what amount of pumps do you get best results?
    I was asked by a local farmer to preserve wildlife!!!
    Any one want a pickled squirrel ???

Quote Originally Posted by MWNimrug View Post
    Hi
    Any one have one of these
    I have just purchased a second hand one
    Can you recomend a pellet that you use that you have had good results with accuracy
    I know I can buy a selection of 8 assorted of auction sit but asking your advise first
    Thanks for any help
    Mick
    ps what amount of pumps do you get best results?
    The problem with the 1300 model specifically is that the hammer is self cocking and opens directly from the trigger against the rising valve pressure.
    While its nice not having to cock the gun like the 1322/1377 (and is also more compact which I liked) it does nothing for its accuracy.
    The trigger gets tougher the more pumps you put in it.
    So in answer to how you get the best accuracy, its generally better used below 5 pumps. I tested the trigger pressure at 10 pumps on the one I had around 85 and found it to be up like 12lbs trigger pull.
    Thus pellet choice is a mute subject when compared to pumps for accuracy purposes. I could never shoot very accurately with mine much above 4 pumps.
    I liked the style of the grips, which were sadly reduced in appearance with the introduction of wood effect grips for later models.
    Its always advisable to not go for wood effect because it looks fake and cheap. Much better to go with a moulded swirly grain which does not represent wood...or black which has finally happened to the latest models....such is the pace of change with Crosman products. 35 years unchanged!

Crossman medalist11 1300 .22

Thanks for advice
    Any one know where I can find info on taking apart and cleaning the above
    Found on youtube how to do a later model with the bolt and pullback loading but the internals are different
    Thanks
    Mick

i had a 1300 in the seventies i used to shoot magpies with on my local farm,
    but i remember pumping it 20 times for full power,which was a pain.but it was powerful and accurate,if yours is only 10 pumps for full power it must be a later model than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    i had a 1300 in the seventies i used to shoot magpies with on my local farm,
    but i remember pumping it 20 times for full power,which was a pain.but it was powerful and accurate,if yours is only 10 pumps for full power it must be a later model than mine.
    Your right, all the 1300 models could be pumped about 18 times before the seals became scorched. Only the reduced reservoir capacity of the later 1322models went down to 10 pumps. I criticised the trigger a touch but the 1300 was generally a higher quality built gun with steel breach and sights as standard. Be careful with stripping, the auto cocking feature of the 1300 requires a more complex spring section to the valve unit and can be a real bugger to put back right.

Crossman medalist11 1300 .22

Thanks
    I have taken the internals out of the gun cleaned them and wiped a light smear of oil
    Put it all back but each pump of air is escaping out of the barrel
    Have you any Idea what can be the problem
    Thanks
    Mick