Thread: The "E-Types"of air pistols!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I like the looks of the Webley Senior but it is an old fashioned look. I also like the Bsf pistol but that is very strange looking. The Diana model 5 and Slavia Zvp are good looking but again an older look about them.
    The Webley Tempest is not a bad looking pistol once you get used to it. I do like the look of the Bsa Scorpion and I am a fan of these pistols even though they are flawed (think the not cocking or not firing thing,the safety design and the price of spares) . They look very late 60's/early 70's, as though they have come off the set of "The Avengers " or "Dr Who".
    a rough .177 one that has played up and is to be looked at some time in the future. BUT--Scorpions SHOULD BE IN .22! They make brilliant bottle cap killers.
    One day (looks skywards and makes a vow) a .25 barrel will be sent to one of the BBS Weldery blokes along with a breech block and the .25 will be born Hopefully this will have a steel head as well. Probably need one of those LEM pellet molds to cast some super heavy pellets for it as well
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    --Scorpions SHOULD BE IN .22!
    Sorry Guy, I've got to disagree with you there, I've got a .22 and a .177 and while the .22 is my favourite (It was the very first airgun I ever shot and my Uncle left it to me in his will when he died) I really like the .177. It has been fettled although it has got quite an old spring in it. It's still doing about 3.5 ft/lbs and it really is a joy to shoot, accurate, smooth to cock, sweet to fire. It's an ace plinking pistol, it really is. When I've had chance to put some practice in with it, I might even take it to the bell target club!