Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "E-Types"of air pistols!

The "E-Types"of air pistols!

Fine air pistols no doubt but I would say that the BSA Scorpion is the E-type of air pistols, it has good looks to go with its performance, I think so anyway!

Are those Targ-Aire pistols in your gallery yours? Fancy selling one?

E-types of air pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    Fine air pistols no doubt but I would say that the BSA Scorpion is the E-type of air pistols, it has good looks to go with its performance, I think so anyway!

I'd have to say the FWB mod 2 co2 was the E-type air pistol for me, the only thing I've owned that could put pellet on pellet.(not in my hands though! I had to clamp it to get those results.) The scorpion was more like the austin allegro compared to it IMO.

Few German airguns have much style or grace about them, and I've never liked Co2 guns either, so I can't agree with that. Sorry. The Scorpion's a completely different animal. It might not be as accurate but the build quality is underrated and it does at least have some curves and some style about it. Just as the E-type has some faults, so does the Scorpion.

Talking

Interesting thread. I'd say the Scorpion is the 'Marmite' of air pistols. You either love it or hate it.

I'm sorry I will have to disagree with all of the above (apart from the Scorpion/Marmite comment. )

For sheer sleek good lines and build quality you cant beat a Hammerli Match http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=96 or Single http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=98 I.M.O.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

'Sir Trevor', you have me gabberflasted! Do you genuinely rate the Benjamin pneumatic pistol as being better than the Sharp U-FP??

Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

E -type air pistols

Few German airguns have much style or grace about them, and I've never liked Co2 guns either, so I can't agree with that. Sorry. The Scorpion's a completely different animal. It might not be as accurate but the build quality is underrated and it does at least have some curves and some style about it. Just as the E-type has some faults, so does the Scorpion.
    I was speaking personally, the scorpions may LOOk good but shooting it's like a sawn off bad meteor...the opposite is true of the FWB.

That certain je ne sais pas?

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    'Sir Trevor', you have me gabberflasted! Do you genuinely rate the Benjamin pneumatic pistol as being better than the Sharp U-FP??

Eric
    Dear Eric, I simply love the design of the Benjamin pistol.It has and had an "old fashioned look" even when new(to me). Elegant,is the word that comes to mind.;-) As a shooter,no better than a Webley Premier(is that a cat among the pigeons?)The U-FP is a cracker once fitted with a trigger shoe and a Sheridan striker spring. Interesting to see Rob's attraction to the cut down Buccaneer(OOPS!) Rob,I do have the Targ-aires but haven't a spare,sorry.Regards,Trev

More like the corvette stingray of air pistol in my opinion.

For a start they are not British like the E type.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I'm sorry I will have to disagree with all of the above (apart from the Scorpion/Marmite comment. )

For sheer sleek good lines and build quality you cant beat a Hammerli Match http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=96 or Single http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=98 I.M.O.

ATB
    Ian
    I Have a 1970,s Hammerli Master, a thing of beautey

To be compared with the 'E Type' I reckon it should come from the same general era and preferably be of British manufacture. Although I'm a great lover of 1960s British spring air pistols, I can't think of a pistol that would match the German Walther LP3 if such a comparison were to be made.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Rob,I do have the Targ-aires but haven't a spare,sorry.Regards,Trev
    You've got two and I've got none!!! Not fair!!!

If you should decide to move one on, give me a shout? Please?

The Milbro G10 Air Pistol was very much the "E" type of it's day, Guaranteed to break down & drop to pieces!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!