Ha ha!!

I have to agree with the Scorpion camp!!, I love mine

Scorpion

Again

Once more

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Nice! There's something so right about the proportions and shape of a Scorpion!

Your get no argument from me about the scorpion even with a BSA pistol scope it looks dam good

I'm not a pistol fan really, Although I do have a few somewhere.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

I haven't really considered which pistol I like the look of best personally. What I can say, and I have no idea why, the pistol within my own collection that I enjoy shooting the most at present is a .22 BSA 240 Magnum. Challenging to shoot, self contained and made here. Did anybody notice that I didn't once mention a "Wobbly?"

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    Interesting thread. I'd say the Scorpion is the 'Marmite' of air pistols. You either love it or hate it.
    I'd agree with that! I'm a hater, marmite and the scorpion

Webley Premier, mine even has the "E" stamped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    I Have a 1970,s Hammerli Master, a thing of beautey
    And a joy for ever

I have a Master as well, and rate it amongst the best of my pistols, along with the FWB Model 2 and Brno B96

Ian

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I like the looks of the Webley Senior but it is an old fashioned look. I also like the Bsf pistol but that is very strange looking. The Diana model 5 and Slavia Zvp are good looking but again an older look about them.
    The Webley Tempest is not a bad looking pistol once you get used to it. I do like the look of the Bsa Scorpion and I am a fan of these pistols even though they are flawed (think the not cocking or not firing thing,the safety design and the price of spares) . They look very late 60's/early 70's, as though they have come off the set of "The Avengers " or "Dr Who".
    a rough .177 one that has played up and is to be looked at some time in the future. BUT--Scorpions SHOULD BE IN .22! They make brilliant bottle cap killers.
    One day (looks skywards and makes a vow) a .25 barrel will be sent to one of the BBS Weldery blokes along with a breech block and the .25 will be born Hopefully this will have a steel head as well. Probably need one of those LEM pellet molds to cast some super heavy pellets for it as well
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

aria

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    Webley Premier, mine even has the "E" stamped on it.
    Same here.Classy!!

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    And a joy for ever

I have a Master as well, and rate it amongst the best of my pistols, along with the FWB Model 2 and Brno B96

Ian
    yes Ian, glad i am not the only one to appreciate these fine shooting machines.

For my two pennyworth my vote would go for the Crosman 600
    http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/...to-pistol.html

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    --Scorpions SHOULD BE IN .22!
    Sorry Guy, I've got to disagree with you there, I've got a .22 and a .177 and while the .22 is my favourite (It was the very first airgun I ever shot and my Uncle left it to me in his will when he died) I really like the .177. It has been fettled although it has got quite an old spring in it. It's still doing about 3.5 ft/lbs and it really is a joy to shoot, accurate, smooth to cock, sweet to fire. It's an ace plinking pistol, it really is. When I've had chance to put some practice in with it, I might even take it to the bell target club!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobupndown View Post
    For my two pennyworth my vote would go for the Crosman 600
    http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/...to-pistol.html

The Crosman is excellent, but elegant it aint , although it is .22, which has got to be a plus.

I recently bought a Zavista 45, which is a poor man's Drulov 10 and that is proving to be is an excellent true semi automatic and is made of proper metal, as opposed to some of the modern stuff.

Surely if we are talking classic of the era and sleek good looks it has to be the Walther lp53 or LP3
    You cannot get more beautiful or classic.
    The BSA Scorpion is horrendous in comparison......almost plastic ray gun looks, with a very mixed bad when it came to supporters
    Webleys steel Seniors/Premiers another obvious.