Thread: Viscount

Viscount

Have a standard one of these in .22, we hear a lot about the Air-Arms sidelevers but what of the Webleys like mine, it isnt powerful and it is easily beaten on accuracey by my Hammerli model 2, yet I think the Webley is better built and safer to use than the Hammerli . The Webley has an anti beartrap the early Hammerlis at least didnt so whats your views, classic or not, it is to me anyways.

They are a £125 airgun or less, some good ones some bad ones. Barrels can come loose - fixable, often missed leading people to think inaccurate.
    Taps wear eventually, trigers awful but likely the break barrel upgrade would fit

Enjoy for what it is - a thing of it's time

If it was mine, in good nic, I'd sell it and seek the much more practical Vulcan or derivative, or spend the money on an HW or Diana

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    They are a £125 airgun or less, some good ones some bad ones. Barrels can come loose - fixable, often missed leading people to think inaccurate.
    Taps wear eventually, trigers awful but likely the break barrel upgrade would fit

Enjoy for what it is - a thing of it's time

If it was mine, in good nic, I'd sell it and seek the much more practical Vulcan or derivative, or spend the money on an HW or Diana
    thanks for your feed back, I own the following Vulcans, Series 2 SFS custum, Series 3 KS, Vulcan Deluxe series 2, and a shed load of HWS and Dianas, agree triguer is "agricultural" on the Viscount but allso on the Vulcan. My Sfs Vulcan has the upgrade unit from Chambers has dose my Beeman/ Webley-C1 .

Yep, I really like the break barrel Webleys, handled carefully they are fine. The barrel stop pin can come loose, but that can be re glued. People sometimes push the breach jaws apart by cocking in a crescent rather than 'on axis'

The trigger upgrade is well worthwhile. The side levers, - better off with a Diana, if the weight isn't off putting ........direct barrel loading, much better built , loading taps suck imo !

Yes have a 52 Firebird in .22, thats awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    The trigger upgrade is well worthwhile.
    Just replace the adjuster spring at the back (the one thats bent and out of shape ) with one from a clicky pen - a scout around old drawers is bound to produce a nice little spring for that. Much cheaper than the 'upgrade' and with a little polish of mating surfaces you'll have a nice light and as crisp as possible let-off. Ive never actually tried the trigger upgrade, but read somewhere that it thought to convert to a 2-stage, which it doesnt.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Just replace the adjuster spring at the back (the one thats bent and out of shape ) with one from a clicky pen - a scout around old drawers is bound to produce a nice little spring for that. Much cheaper than the 'upgrade' and with a little polish of mating surfaces you'll have a nice light and as crisp as possible let-off. Ive never actually tried the trigger upgrade, but read somewhere that it thought to convert to a 2-stage, which it doesnt.
    not had a problem with the 2, I have, one in an sfs Vulcan Custum and the other in a Beeman/ Webley C1

not saying theyre bad in any way - I am saying that its advertised as a 2-stage trigger upgrade - which it isnt, and for £28 I think at least having a go with a weaker spring first is a sensible step towards a better trigger, plus it only takes a minute and you only have to remove the stock. Ive used the weaker spring method on 3 vulcans and a victor with good results.

PS - Id love to see your C1 if you have any pics - I was thinking about having a bash at recreating a c1 stock for my victor, I dont think theres many spares about!
    Donald

Will do you some pics and get them to you.