Thread: new co2 pistol owner after some advice

new co2 pistol owner after some advice

Afternoon gents

Ive recently bought two c02 pistols and im after some advice, the pistols in question are both swiss arms, one is a p1911 and the other a p92 both full metal + blowback, what im asking is im not sure weather to get copper or steel bb's and also I take it that crossman c02 is the most commonly used? Any bb brands I should be lookjng to buy? Theyve came with some in the box but from what I gather there probably poo

The reason I got them is because I like that I can field strip them and clean and lube as needed, would balistol be ok for this or would I need a thicker grease for the slide ect

Also id like to polish the 1911 to a mirror finish could this be done with a dremmal and a polishing mop easily? And id like to get some wood grips for them to set them off nicely where would I find a place that sells them?

Cheers in advance

RS
    HW 97KT .22 SFS Stage 2 Tuned_HW100KT .177_Daystate Regal LH .22_Daystate huntsman LH .177

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitSniper22 View Post
    Afternoon gents

Ive recently bought two c02 pistols and im after some advice, the pistols in question are both swiss arms, one is a p1911 and the other a p92 both full metal + blowback, what im asking is im not sure weather to get copper or steel bb's and also I take it that crossman c02 is the most commonly used? Any bb brands I should be lookjng to buy? Theyve came with some in the box but from what I gather there probably poo

The reason I got them is because I like that I can field strip them and clean and lube as needed, would balistol be ok for this or would I need a thicker grease for the slide ect

Also id like to polish the 1911 to a mirror finish could this be done with a dremmal and a polishing mop easily? And id like to get some wood grips for them to set them off nicely where would I find a place that sells them?

Cheers in advance

RS
    Ok, I will try to answer your questions.
    Regarding bb's any steel bb's will work in your pistols but do not use lead ones. However the copper coated steel ones tend to be 'dirty' .....the copper flash can rub off and gum up the works. I reccommend you use only silver coloured steel bb's, such as "Blaster" and "Umarex" brands, these are also more accurate than the Crosman copperheads.
    Re. Lubrication..
    I don't know the composition of 'balistol' so can't advise on that. As these pistols are basically the same as airsoft gbb pistols , which I do know a lot about, I can say this........ Any decent quality gun oil will be ok to lubricate the slide/ frame rails as long as it does not contain silicone. I use Castrol teflon grease to lube the slide/ frame rails on my pistols.
    The blowback unit and bb nozzle however do need silicone oil to keep the seals supple. Just use it sparingly and don't get silicone near metal to metal moving surfaces as they will be worn out in no time.

Re. wood grips... I can't help there but I suspect any of the airsoft retailers may be able to help with the 1911 grips.
    Try... Firesupport.. Zero One...and Elite Shooting Centre for these.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Ok, I will try to answer your questions.
    Regarding bb's any steel bb's will work in your pistols but do not use lead ones. However the copper coated steel ones tend to be 'dirty' .....the copper flash can rub off and gum up the works. I reccommend you use only silver coloured steel bb's, such as "Blaster" and "Umarex" brands, these are also more accurate than the Crosman copperheads.

Pete.
    I used copper once! NEVER again, so many jams etc. Listen to the man!

Grips can be bought on evil bay, but will need a bit of "adjustment" with your dremel, but they are cheap enough to have a play with.

ATB

Ian
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like