Thread: Hobbys and some magazines

BigEars Guest

Hobbys and some magazines

Hi I occasionally have had problems with some pellets (Hobby 0,177) failing to leave the magazine and preventing indexing to the next shot. I thought the Colt was failing but on further investigation I found that I couldn't push the pellets clear without difficult using a small rod.

I've solved the problem of this fussiness by applying a little molykote to all my umarex mags with no further trouble. Are Hobbys particularly variable in skirt size or are some mags just badly made?

Hobbies work perfectly in all my magazines providing you seat them first. Hobbies have a raised 'driving band' around the skirt, this makes them difficult to seat by thumb pressure alone. You MUST seat your pellets into the magazine . I use an 8mm plastic ball bearing to push them into the magazine they pop in with an audible 'click' when seated correctly.
    Never had a problem if you do this.
    Pete.

Or just use Gecos.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Or just use Gecos.
    Indeed! Work a treat in Umarex mags. Particularly when combined with a RWS speedloader or one of Magicniners pellet seaters

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Hobbies work perfectly in all my magazines providing you seat them first. Hobbies have a raised 'driving band' around the skirt, this makes them difficult to seat by thumb pressure alone. You MUST seat your pellets into the magazine . I use an 8mm plastic ball bearing to push them into the magazine they pop in with an audible 'click' when seated correctly.
    Never had a problem if you do this.
    Pete.
    Hi I've had the same problems with pellets seated with my "dibber". It's not going in that's the problem, it's that sometimes they stuck until I applied some lube. No problem since then. Maybe I'll try Gekkos.