Thread: Daisy Powerline 44 revolver - Help requested.

Daisy Powerline 44 revolver - Help requested.

After having a Walther LP2 repaired after getting excellent tech info from folks here, I've now found time to get another old favourite back to working condition.

As per title, it's a Daisy Powerline 44 .177 Co2 revolver. Purchased new in '95 for about £70.
    When last unboxed for a shoot, Co2 gas leaked out immediately a new capsule was inserted, so I suspected a defective face seal within the housing that the co2 capsule necks into.
    1. Can anyone suggest where I may obtain spare seals? Complete set, or especially the capsule face seal, and 4 off O-Ring seals for the transfer tube. I've not disturbed the valve housing, so may get away without replacing those seals.
    Reading through past posts I get the impression that seals may no longer be available in UK (they certainly aren't available here in France from all the places I've requested).

2. Is it feasible to make a face seal? The one that fits inside the housing that the capsule screws up into. If so in what material, and dimensions if possible. (Like a fool I seem to have discarded the old seal, given that I disassembled the gun over a year ago).

3. Would anyone have spec or dimension details of new transfer tube o-ring seals?
    I note that these seals and their corresponding housings have a residual blue-coloured grease from new. Any ideas what this grease is/was?

4. I still have the original Daisy (Umarex) operating instruction handbook which I could scan and provide if anyone should require a copy.
    What would be handy if possible is an exploded parts view for the Powerline 44. Have done an in-depth Google search and have found an exploded view of a 'Daisy 357' pistol which although similar is not identical to the model 44.

Daisy Powerline 44 Help!

Bump 1
    Any words of wisdom here please?

Don't panic.
    It is very common for seals to dry out and shrink slightly if left unused for a while. Obtain some silicone oil and put a drop on the tip of the co2 bulb, also if accessible put a drop on the seal around the bulb piercing pin. Then fit a new co2 bulb and pierce it. Don't worry if co2 starts leaking , keep pulling the trigger ( without any pellets loaded), this will allow gas and the oil to coat the internal seals. It should , after about a dozen pulls of the trigger, stop leaking co2.
    You can also obtain 'maintainance'co2 bulbs,which have a lot of oil in them as well as co2. Using one of these bulbs will help the seals to recover.
    If this does not work then a strip and re seal of the pistol may be on the cards.
    Pete.

IF it is the pistol is the one I think it is, it may be worth looking at a Crosman 38T.

Very similar pistol, so it is just possible the internals and seals may be the same, but easier to find.

Edit: Agree with Flatrajectory, spot on advice.

agree , very good advice, the Daisy 44 is a very good pistol, have a boxed one lurking in one of the gun safes allso the 38t from Crossman.

Thanks for all the replies and tips.
    If anyone should be able to suggest a UK source for Daisy seal kits, I'd appreciate it, but it's looking slim.
    Looks like I may have to turn my attention towards the States and/or Crosman similar seals as suggested.
    Anyway, thanks again.
    GunDad

Daisy parts

I have the contact details in Arizona of the man who supplies most of the parts for DAISY guns and rifles - recently sent me a new magazine spring and follower for my Daisy Spitting Image Winchester.

Will send them across to you.
    Matou: The Braughing Banger

Daisy 357 seals

Matou,
    Thanks for your info, I'll follow up the links you supplied.
    Cheers,
    GunDad