Thread: best price scope for about £300

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi hawke sidewinder 4.5-14x42 wont be powerful enough ? At the moment shooting with nikko stirling 4-12x50 unless I a missing some thing ! The lads shooting on the 50m range are shooting a lot bigger mag on there scope on there air rifle ?

Quote Originally Posted by david gilmer View Post
    Hi hawke sidewinder 4.5-14x42 wont be powerful enough ? At the moment shooting with nikko stirling 4-12x50 unless I a missing some thing ! The lads shooting on the 50m range are shooting a lot bigger mag on there scope on there air rifle ?
    I have the TAC 3O 4.5 14x42 and shoot out to 8Om regualy and have aim points on the half Mildot ret to go further shooting .177 cal , if you drop the mag on the scope to 1Ox further still people tend to use high mag scopes for rage finding if you have a lazer range finder dont see the point in very high mag scopes unless you intend to shoot FT
    A few nice rifles

There are numerous scopes that would fit the bill.BUT and it is a big but it all depends on what you require from the scope and what exactly it will be used for.65 yards in puny as far as long range shooting goes and that can be done with a modest magnification scope to a decent accuracy.But if you are wanting to shoot the Hairs off a fleas back leg then the high quality High mag scopes are what you need.Only by testing will discover what it is you need.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]

What mag scope?

Personally I do not think that super mag scopes make you shoot any more accurately. And they are more expensive. Cheaper high mag scopes will have poor glass with low light transmission and that you don not want.
    I shoot to 1000 yards with a 25x high quality scope and will not be changing it. Use a 4x scope at 25 yards - just fine.
    So go for quality not magnification is my advice.
    Cant go wrong with Hawke for value for money. Not cool, but pretty solid.

Hawke are the way to go

I love the hawke range I've never had any issue with them I purchased an airmax from https://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/collections/hawke-scopes

Nikko sterling / Hawke do great value quality scope, Nikko I simply prefer for light transmission.

I use Vector Optics Sentinel 6-24x in my .25 100M BR gun, it has it's drawbacks but it does the job allowing me to spot holes in the paper.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

hi ihave 2 falcon menace as new first focal plane which i will sell via the forum. b20 recticle. if any interest.

Can't go wrong with a Hawke Vantage 6x24-50. Great company with no quibble warranty work if needed.

Bushnell

Bushnell elite 6500

I suspect the OP is sorted by now

Hello,

Have you tried the FFP Discovery scopes, slightly over budget, but great build quality for the money.

I have tried 8 different scopes under £500 this year, it was by far the best...

Regards,
    Joe

Lightbulb

Well, the OP might already have bought a scope, then sold scope and airgun, and is metal detecting on the beach -- who knows...?

However, for those who are clicking on this link to get more info on long range scopes, here's a Scope Specs Table, for scopes with at least 20x magnification on the top end (and 6x or less on the bottom end).

To qualify for this table, the scopes had to fulfill the following requirements:
    $500 or less, give or take
    10 yard minimum side parallax
    Holdoff reticule
    Exposed turrets

The specs include:
    ▪Maximum elevation adjustment range

▪Sorted into FFP or SPF (incl. SPF calibration)

▪Reticle type and mil or moa, reticle line thickness

▪Turret type, mil or moa, and clicks per revolution

▪Price

▪Warranty

▪Illumination or not
    ▪Weight
    ▪Length

Happy scope shopping!

Matthias

I don't know why I can't attach any files at AirgunBBS, all other airgun forums allow me to attach PDFs and JPGs.... So, here's a link to another airgun forum where I posted the Scope Specs Table:

http://airgunnationforum.s3.us-east-...1606083990.pdf