Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best price scope for about £300

best price scope for about £300

Hi new at target shooting . can any one pleas help . wondering what scope is best for my air arms s300 as its a minefield as what scope to get . shooting about 65 yards to the end off the air rifle range at my gun club.

Hi David,

I don't know all prices in all countries but a Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 4,5-14x42 might be a good choice.

ATB
    emi
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

Hi hawke sidewinder 4.5-14x42 wont be powerful enough ? At the moment shooting with nikko stirling 4-12x50 unless I a missing some thing ! The lads shooting on the 50m range are shooting a lot bigger mag on there scope on there air rifle ?

Hi emi,

Can you explain why that's a good choice for 65y ?

ATB
    Theo

Quote Originally Posted by Theobenrules View Post
    Hi emi,

Can you explain why that's a good choice for 65y ?

ATB
    Theo
    Hi,

Among some other scopes and rifles (my collection changed a little bit since the picture was taken) , I own this scope. For it's price it's a well built scope with a nice thin reticle and clear and contrastfull lenses.

ATB
    emi
    Last edited by 100m airgun; 05-09-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Have a look at a Falcon T35 which have currently had a limited batch made. They are available on evil bay . Extremely accurate for range finding if your target shooting. They have a fixed x35 mag and are reasonably easy to get used to.
    AA HFT500, HW75, BSA R10SE, Walther LGU .177, Air Arms EV2 MK4 - Falcon T35 Scope HW97K .177 - Titan Ddraig Goch Kit Fitted by Welsh Willy
    https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/

For a shade over £200 my Falcon menace FFP takes some beating. Fine recticle good glass works flawlessly. I often shoot out to 100yds on targets with my Rapid @30ftlb. HTH. Hal

Thumbs up

I totally agree that a Falcon is a better choice than a Hawke.

Nice combo by the way, Rapid/Falcon Menace.

I put a Falcon Menace on my Air Arms S500. I like that scope but I'n not if it's better for me then the Hawke Sidewinder TAC. Best is to try yourselves to decide what you like most.

ATB
    emi

If your planning on field target shooting then the Hawke scope's will be a waste of money as they won't accurately and consistently range find like a T35 which is probably the only scope to do this in your price range.
    AA HFT500, HW75, BSA R10SE, Walther LGU .177, Air Arms EV2 MK4 - Falcon T35 Scope HW97K .177 - Titan Ddraig Goch Kit Fitted by Welsh Willy
    https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/

best priced scope for about £300

HI thanks for all the reply's its a lot to take in as its all new to me . will have to look at the falcon 35 . your input is appreciated as I don't want to waste a lot off money on something that is not very good . thanks again .

Quote Originally Posted by david gilmer View Post
    Hi hawke sidewinder 4.5-14x42 wont be powerful enough ? At the moment shooting with nikko stirling 4-12x50 unless I a missing some thing ! The lads shooting on the 50m range are shooting a lot bigger mag on there scope on there air rifle ?
    I have the TAC 3O 4.5 14x42 and shoot out to 8Om regualy and have aim points on the half Mildot ret to go further shooting .177 cal , if you drop the mag on the scope to 1Ox further still people tend to use high mag scopes for rage finding if you have a lazer range finder dont see the point in very high mag scopes unless you intend to shoot FT
    A few nice rifles

There are numerous scopes that would fit the bill.BUT and it is a big but it all depends on what you require from the scope and what exactly it will be used for.65 yards in puny as far as long range shooting goes and that can be done with a modest magnification scope to a decent accuracy.But if you are wanting to shoot the Hairs off a fleas back leg then the high quality High mag scopes are what you need.Only by testing will discover what it is you need.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]

What mag scope?

Personally I do not think that super mag scopes make you shoot any more accurately. And they are more expensive. Cheaper high mag scopes will have poor glass with low light transmission and that you don not want.
    I shoot to 1000 yards with a 25x high quality scope and will not be changing it. Use a 4x scope at 25 yards - just fine.
    So go for quality not magnification is my advice.
    Cant go wrong with Hawke for value for money. Not cool, but pretty solid.

Hawke are the way to go

I love the hawke range I've never had any issue with them I purchased an airmax from https://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/collections/hawke-scopes