Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW40 or HW45?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    SSPs in my experience are unpleasant to cock.

Had a Gamo Compact and HW75, and didn't like either of them. Accurate, yes, but low powered and tiring to use for extended periods.

An HW45 you can play with all day.

I'd go for the 45 and learn how to shoot it.
    ^^This!^^.Only in addition I'd say SSP's are unpleasant to shoot because they're boring and just go "pop" with no feel.

I totally agree with the statement you can play with a 45 all day, even though they are an out of proportion monster one will definitely put a smile on your face for longer than any SSP.

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Went to have a look at them today, my local shop has a Beeman version, which I assume is much the same. Of the two, I far preferred the HW45, I think I'll buy one of them. Not from there though, they wanted £295 which seems a bit much to me.
    Mark

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by throdgrain View Post
    Went to have a look at them today, my local shop has a Beeman version, which I assume is much the same. Of the two, I far preferred the HW45, I think I'll buy one of them. Not from there though, they wanted £295 which seems a bit much to me.
    Keep an eye out on here or in the shops for a 2nd hand one, which you will be able to get from between £150 - £170ish.
    They are quite robust so as long as they haven't been abused or screws chewed up etc. they are a good buy 2nd hand.
    Good deals with these members

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I'm left handed, so the Tempests etc are out, which is a shame as I fancy one of them, so that leaves a Weihauch........
    Oh no it doesn't! Sorry, I'm looking forward to panto season....

How about a Webley Senior or Premier? Beautiful little guns that you will never get bored with and won't depreciate.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Oh no it doesn't! Sorry, I'm looking forward to panto season....

How about a Webley Senior or Premier? Beautiful little guns that you will never get bored with and won't depreciate.
    Did think of that, first gun I ever shot was a Premier when I was about 10, but I don't fancy another at the moment.
    Mark

BigEars Guest

The Beeman version is a vicious creature that snaps shut like Arkwright's cash register. It's not in the same league as an HW75.

No, it's the same as an HW40 , I thought ...
    Mark

No, it's the same as an HW40 , I thought ...
    Good pistol, but you almost definitely will have some maintenance issues with the beeman clone unless you're very lucky. The HW40 is the one to go for unless money is an issue. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

HW40 or HW45

Hw40 and Hw45 is quite to different type of guns, that calls for different type of use. If your main reason for a new gun is to see the target pops away when hit, you should pick the 45 model. Be aware that there are some different in use of these guns depending on caliber. The cal. .22 model is far more convenient to use than the .177. I changed the barrel from .177 to .22 in mine 45 and the change was very noticeable. I also did some decrease in power. Now it is very easy to cock and I hit every thing I am aiming on within 20 meters. I don´t feel that the little less power do anything negative to the use of the pistol. If you want a gun for paper punching I think the 40 model may be a better choice. I have both in my arsenal. In fact I seldom use the 40 model and I have some feeling that you are seeking a gun that act like my Hw45 in cal. .22.

The beeman is the same as the HW 45 it's just been rebranded for America
    The HW 45 is the only spring pistol to think about IMHO
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    The beeman is the same as the HW 45 it's just been rebranded for America
    The HW 45 is the only spring pistol to think about IMHO
    Sorry, but the Beeman is copy of HW40 not 45. ATB.Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Out of curiosity, I've just had a look at an American Beeman site.
    It seems that an HW 40 is known as P3.....with a much cheaper version known as a P17 or 2004.
    An HW 45 is known as a P1...but this describes an HW 75 also.
    An HW 45 Silver star is known as a P11

Quote Originally Posted by lesj View Post
    Out of curiosity, I've just had a look at an American Beeman site.
    It seems that an HW 40 is known as P3.....with a much cheaper version known as a P17 or 2004.
    An HW 45 is known as a P1...but this describes an HW 75 also.
    An HW 45 Silver star is known as a P11
    Confusing ain't it! The beeman P17/ 20004 are cheaper clones of HW40. HW40 and P3 are the same gun (Genuine/ dearer ) different names for different countries, as is HW45 and P1 (same gun). The 75, I don't know the American description for that. I do know that they're all great guns. I happen to own them all, except for the silver star which is a HW45 but with same grip as HW75. I prefer the HW45 with the 1911 style grip but the HW75 only comes with the semi anatomical grip. ATB. Pete.