Thread: Prone To Win

Prone To Win

Valuation help please, anyone have any idea of the value of a very good condition copy of Prone To Win by Chris Fordham, the art and science of small bore rifle shooting.
    The last copy I saw for sale was about 18 months ago at a gun dealer in West Sussex was £80, and has since gone out of business, with prices like that I am not surprised.
    Peter.

The problem with "Prone to Win" is that there is now a lot better out there. Chris has a readable style but you have to wade through a lot of it to get the nuggets it contains. It is also limited in scope as neither Standing, Kneeling or Air Rifle are covered. So you are really going to be selling it as a bit of a collectors items as there are more comprehensive textbooks that have been published since.

As to value, well I expect to pay around about £50.00 for good condition books of a similar kind that are approximately 80-100 years old.

I think that value is probably what you can get on Fleabay.

Rutty

Thanks for that Rutty, I had not considered selling on Flebay, It should bring it to a bigger market.
    I would be delighted if it sold at your valuation, thanks again.
    Peter

Peter,

I don't think that I really expressed that too well. What I should have said is its value is whatever you can get on Fleabay. You may get 0.99p or you may get £10-20. The market and the buyers will decide.

Rutty