Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steyr LP10 or FWB P44

I must again thank all for their contributions to this thread, it has been very informative.
    I have the twin weight bar on my Morini and last week I removed it...different pistol altogether and am enjoying using a lighter pistol so at the moment I'm happy practicing with it until a likely stablemate comes along....I'm still hoping it will be that elusive and fabled FWB 103...is there really such a pistol!!
    Regards....Ereic.

P44

Hello,

I know of three people trying to sell P44s at the moment if you still want one??

Regards
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Quote Originally Posted by Fierynick View Post
    Hello,

I know of three people trying to sell P44s at the moment if you still want one??

Regards
    PM sent for more info...
    Eric.

With a choice of three P44 pistols for sale Eric it sounds like Christmas has come early for you!

The P44 is a superb pistol and I deeply regret selling mine !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    With a choice of three P44 pistols for sale Eric it sounds like Christmas has come early for you!

The P44 is a superb pistol and I deeply regret selling mine !
    Didn't hear back from my PM Bob.
    To be honest though, I'm enjoying re-aquainting myself with the Morini after a spell of not using it much so diverting funds to other important areas!
    I've not been clay shooting since January and don't enjoy it as I did so maybe if someone has a likely pistol they want to swap for a Browning 425 Trap gun??

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    To be honest though, I'm enjoying re-aquainting myself with the Morini after a spell of not using it much so diverting funds to other important areas!
    I've not been clay shooting since January and don't enjoy it as I did so maybe if someone has a likely pistol they want to swap for a Browning 425 Trap gun??

Eric.
    Try asking Fiery Nick again - maybe he did not receive your PM ?

If he knows for three P44 pistols for sale ( all at the same time) then this is a very unusual situation - so strike while there is a choice!

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post

Eric.
    Eric,there's one for sale on forum.stiton.com

Neale
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Try asking Fiery Nick again - maybe he did not receive your PM ?

If he knows for three P44 pistols for sale ( all at the same time) then this is a very unusual situation - so strike while there is a choice!
    Will do Bob.

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    Eric,there's one for sale on forum.stiton.com

Neale
    That one went a week or so ago Neale....but thanks for the heads up.

Eric.

Have you considered a SAM as your next PCP pistol?

They are very well made pistols. The early K11 pistols are one of my favourites and a good one may be found for around £400, (and I have heard of one that went for a fair bit less) so at these sort of prices they are worth buying and they will sell-on again for similar money if you did not like it in the future.

... but they are "getting on" a bit now and they do have some reliability problems so you would be advised to check it over carefully and test shoot it before parting with any cash - but at the sort of price they fetch they are well worth considering and basic spares such as seals should not be a problem.

The newer K14 and K15 pistols feel a lot more "solid" and also feel like they are better engineered and are not quite as "lightweight" in construction as the early K11 pistols but they will fetch similar prices to most other types of PCP depending on their age and condition etc but they are very nice to shoot - and just that little bit different.

The SAM pistols do seem to be very "hold sensitive" but they are very nice once you get used to them and they have a unique "feel" when they are shot that I personally find very pleasant. Again - we have a few of these in our club so when you make your journey up north you should try these as well as you too may find them irresistible

Have you considered a SAM as your next PCP pistol?

They are very well made pistols. The early K11 pistols are one of my favourites and a good one may be found for around £400, (and I have heard of one that went for a fair bit less) so at these sort of prices they are worth buying and they will sell-on again for similar money if you did not like it in the future.

... but they are "getting on" a bit now and they do have some reliability problems so you would be advised to check it over carefully and test shoot it before parting with any cash - but at the sort of price they fetch they are well worth considering and basic spares such as seals should not be a problem.

The newer K14 and K15 pistols feel a lot more "solid" and also feel like they are better engineered and are not quite as "lightweight" in construction as the early K11 pistols but they will fetch similar prices to most other types of PCP depending on their age and condition etc but they are very nice to shoot - and just that little bit different.

The SAM pistols do seem to be very "hold sensitive" but they are very nice once you get used to them and they have a unique "feel" when they are shot that I personally find very pleasant. Again - we have a few of these in our club so when you make your journey up north you should try these as well as you too may find them irresistible
    Thanks Bob, your input is greatly appreciated!
    Eric.