Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Memorial and Anniversary Shoot 2013 - the outcome

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Air Arms Memorial and Anniversary Shoot 2013 - the outcome

Looks as though I may well be the first to arrive home and hit the keyboard after today's Air Arms Memorial & Anniversary shoot at Northall Farm.

Repeating something I said to camera (video) - which I hope for the sake of the masses does NOT make it to You Tube - I feel the need to offer a HUGE THANKS to Air Arms, Northall CPC and (perhaps especially) to the very hard working and no doubt by now entirely exhausted crews from Buxted, Mile Oak and Horsham Hawks clubs, who designed and set up the courses.

A shoot I shall remember for many years to come and one which I hope we can repeat - for all its qualities and the hospitality of our host manufacturer in future years.

An absolutely brilliant day, in spite of the dodgy weather which at times saw shooters taking layers of clothes OFF, only to have to rapidly don them again when it threw us wind, rain and a dose or two of thunder and lightning.

Just as many others will have found it extraordinary (indeed, if at all believable), I just hope that I am able to repeat my afternoon performance during at least one of the two remaining Sussex Interclub rounds.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

A massive thank you Air Arms and all that helped make it a brilliant day!
    And bloody well done biggles
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Robber !!
    You ruined my shoot on the blue course and dopper kicked my are overall but you know what I loved it!
    Great courses set by busted Horsham and my club the oaks, great organisation, and some dear old friends!
    Thanks air arms for one of the best shoots of the year!...love the Ftp it is worth every penny if the quality of the finish is anything to go by!
    Thank you to simmo and the legend that is Jeff Ryder for making sure I didn't get lost xx
    Spongey
    Last edited by blackscale; 08-09-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Well done to day Mike great score. Nice to see someone who puts so much in(even if you do talk far to much when doing it) to HFT getting something out of it. A great win today on the Anniversary course and well done to Alex winning a shoot off against Richard to take the Memorial Course win.

Thanks to all my many helpers (even those who dissapeared in the rain) for helping set two courses in our free and holiday time and pulling them in.

Thanks also to the Toser I shot round with and apologise to Geof for having to endure his constant snoring.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

As said before, mammoth thanks to the team who set the course, both setting
    out and clearing away. Two really well thought out courses that obvious involved a lot of hard work.
    I would have loved to have shot the blue course in warm dry weather.
    Thanks muchley
    Bob

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Looks as though I may well be the first to arrive home and hit the keyboard after today's Air Arms Memorial & Anniversary shoot at Northall Farm.

Repeating something I said to camera (video) - which I hope for the sake of the masses does NOT make it to You Tube - I feel the need to offer a HUGE THANKS to Air Arms, Northall CPC and (perhaps especially) to the very hard working and no doubt by now entirely exhausted crews from Buxted, Mile Oak and Horsham Hawks clubs, who designed and set up the courses.

A shoot I shall remember for many years to come and one which I hope we can repeat - for all its qualities and the hospitality of our host manufacturer in future years.

An absolutely brilliant day, in spite of the dodgy weather which at times saw shooters taking layers of clothes OFF, only to have to rapidly don them again when it threw us wind, rain and a dose or two of thunder and lightning.

Just as many others will have found it extraordinary (indeed, if at all believable), I just hope that I am able to repeat my afternoon performance during at least one of the two remaining Sussex Interclub rounds.

Biggles
    Here Here! Well said Mike!

The only thing I can say is Air Arms, Northall Farm, Hobbits, Oakies, Hawks and not forgetting Andy Simpson, you have made Sussex proud today.

Thank you
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

That was fun!

Well done to all the winners and particularly Rudy on his new PB and Mike on the highest score (expectations duely raised)! Enjoyed shooting with Phil Bell again and I definately want a FTP for Christmas (sooner will be acceptable)

Thanks to the team who spent half the week setting two cracking courses from scratch.

Same time next year?......
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Cracking day out massive thanks to aa and all the guys who set out the courses. superb day and very challenging for relative newbies thanks again all.

ATB Aaron

Thanks to all for a great day, many thanks to Andy and all the team for all their hard work setting up the course and marshalling, many thanks to Air Arms for a great day out, thanks to Steb & Justin from Ford for all their help and advice.

Andy, need some of those lessons you mentioned

Well done Samdroid on the raffle win

Regards to all
    NIGEL

A/A shoot today

My first visit to the Air Arms shoot but it wont be the last ,well done to all the Sussex boys for their hard work it made a great for every=one,food was super and the venue just great,thanks to Paul and Gary for a good days shooting
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Quote Originally Posted by Herp View Post
    Here Here! Well said Mike!

The only thing I can say is Air Arms, Northall Farm, Hobbits, Oakies, Hawks and not forgetting Andy Simpson, you have made Sussex proud today.

Thank you
    Thanks Zeb but to be fair it was a massive team effort the amount of time given by people was immense. People with injuries running on pain relief using their petrol supplying their tools for all to use people giving up time days before to make it easier for those on the few days before to set up. Monkey Boy Light getting those targets in the sky. Uncle Derek mother henning sorting out the marshals today(thank You) Charles adding his own brand of organisation to get things running smoothly(apart from the Worlds longest shoot off).
    The boys with vans getting stuff there and back. Not forgetting all the shooters.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

If I snore at the peg its because you bore the life outta me!
    Where's the scores anyway......
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    If I snore at the peg its because you bore the life outta me!
    Where's the scores anyway......
    Lost yours so tiresome.

Monkey

thanks to all the hard working people who made todays shoot possible . I had a great day even though I was soaked through. thanks also to air arms for the great hospitallity,other brands take note.
    will definately be back next year.
    Also thanks to Rex who drove me there And saved me from a soaking on my motorbike .
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

All been said above, but a huge, huge thanks to all concerned, brilliant co-ordinated effort from the Sussex clubs for putting out two very challenging courses, to CPC for holding it all together on the hosting front and to AirArms who for the last few years have put a hell of a lot back into this sport that we all love so much, thanks for fun company today from springer rock star Chris Roberts and Dave Pickett keeping morale high through all the wet patches, also, great to see Phil Bell again, roll on next year !!! Terry
    Professional MISSER
    "THE OAKS"