Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: repeater?

repeater?

just been given what looks like a repeating air rifle.i think it reads elgamo made in spain.appears to be a boys gun due to it's size,it is slyled to look like a "machine gun" with a plastic stock and full pistol grip.shall i throw it in the bin?.

repeater

by your description it's a gamo paratrooper,could be worth a few quid

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    They were the mainstay of the fairground shooting galleries when I was a kid! Has anyone ever tinkered with one and got it shooting well?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    just been given what looks like a repeating air rifle.i think it reads elgamo made in spain.appears to be a boys gun due to it's size,it is slyled to look like a "machine gun" with a plastic stock and full pistol grip.shall i throw it in the bin?.
    well sounds like a good idea,

but if it has it mag tube just pop it off and send it my way, or even better send the whole toy to me to throw in the bin . will save clogging up yours and scaring the dustmen

cheers,

charlieboy.
    Last edited by charlieboy; 12-09-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: typo

bb

Quote Originally Posted by charlieboy View Post
    well sounds like a good idea,

but if it has it mag tube just pop it off and send it my way, or even better send the whole toy to me to throw in the bin . will save clogging up yours and scaring the dustmen

cheers,

charlieboy.
    maybe i was too hasty,i am intrigued in how that mag works so i will clean it up and try it. looks a tad naff to say the least but may appeal to some. atb.

maybe i was too hasty,i am intrigued in how that mag works so i will clean it up and try it. looks a tad naff to say the least but may appeal to some. atb.
    These are 70,s -80,s guns !
    & for that period very good ( IMO ) The repeater action works very well, I have an " As new " Paratrooper repeater with an unfitted new scope,
    They were earlier badged for the UK market as " ASI,s "

I have a few, Gamo/ Asi models, 4, In total, 3, In almost mint condition,2, " Recoiless " Statical, The repeater mentioned above, & a SSP a " Supertarget " As a collector , I consider these mint-ish models priceless, ( Especially the 2 Statical Recoiless ) Models, Each to their own , !
    Ged.

Last edited by gedfinn 2; 12-09-2013 at 09:45 PM.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=36

Ive got the more normal rifle looking repeater El Gamo and, strangely enough, I find it shoots flat headed pellets like Hobby best with few, if any, jambs.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

had a few shots in the garden this morning and what a strange thing!.the repeater action works well and it seems quite powerful.heavier than it looks with that alloy stock frame.don't think it's going to match my soft furnishing so will probably offer it as a swap at some time. atb

if you need spares, you can get them from Chambers at http://www.gunspares.co.uk/
    Last edited by draconis; 20-09-2013 at 08:21 PM.

these are my first attemps at photos,it may not work
    The photos work fine for me Isobar. I used one regularly as a teen but I hadn't seen one or shot one (again) until very recently. I was surprised at how small it seemed - a pistol with a long barrel . I guess it's like walnut whips, mars bars, wagon wheels etc. they all seemed bigger back then too.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

thanks lumberjack,it shoots like a pistol with a buttstock but is quite accurate and good fun.fill that mag and away you go.i don't like the kitsch stying and the plastic so will move on soon as a swap for something more traditional. atb.

allways thought they were good fun gun, ok not powerful but a lot of fun. The mag design is actually Feg/ Relum, but Gammo "borrowed" the idea and made it work. I look forward to any future sales thread as these are quite collectable.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    allways thought they were good fun gun, ok not powerful but a lot of fun. The mag design is actually Feg/ Relum, but Gammo "borrowed" the idea and made it work. I look forward to any future sales thread as these are quite collectable.
    I have three paratroopers two of them are repeaters and great for plinking.