Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: repeater?

Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post
    I have three paratroopers two of them are repeaters and great for plinking.
    yes I was offerd one about 2 years back by a antique shop in Brecon-Powys thats turned up some good stuff. He wanted £300 for it as it was rare and a multi shot. After I stoaped Laughing I explained there not that rare, did he have the mag tubes, er no. Then its not a multi shot He refused to beleve it was not worth £300, as far as I am aware it never sold wonder why

What an idiot you can pick em up for about £60 to £80 on average. I bet he never sold it not for £300 anyway.

What an idiot you can pick em up for about £60 to £80 on average. I bet he never sold it not for £300 anyway.
    I just have to reply mate !

How many have you picked up complete & Shooting in average condition, With the elusive loading tube ?
    That would be " How " Many ? Or how many at all,

These are not great guns, But working repeaters are rare, Especially in good condition, Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    I just have to reply mate !

How many have you picked up complete & Shooting in average condition, With the elusive loading tube ?
    That would be " How " Many ? Or how many at all,

These are not great guns, But working repeaters are rare, Especially in good condition, Ged.
    One of the repeaters came without the tube mag however managed to acquire one quite easily.The other repeater which is the early type came with mag tube .The single shot .22 is in great condition and luckily all three work very well though I may need a breach seal on the .22 as power is a bit low. Yes there not great quality rifles but are good enough for back garden plinking or small vermin control.

Troy

Nice to collect, !
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 22-10-2013 at 02:48 AM.

I picked up a Paratrooper a couple of years ago as part of a job lot, so it worked out at about £30 IIRC?
    It was very tidy, nice unmarked stock and no damage to crackle-finish paint, which is unusual, the one's i've found in shops have all had damaged paintwork.

The Statical is the top of the range model, with a recoil arresting system copied by Air Arms for their 200SR model?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    I picked up a Paratrooper a couple of years ago as part of a job lot, so it worked out at about £30 IIRC?
    It was very tidy, nice unmarked stock and no damage to crackle-finish paint, which is unusual, the one's i've found in shops have all had damaged paintwork.

The Statical is the top of th,e range model, with a recoil arresting system copied by Air Arms for their 200SR model?
    I have 2, ( As you know )
    I am very impressed with the Staticals, Both are in .22, I do not[
    ] know if they made them in .177 , ( I have heard so, & tried to get a .177 barrel off any Asi model )
    One is in average condition & The other next to mint , Both have very weak springs ?
    Its intresting that as they are cocked, The last 10mm of pull actually moves the whole of the action forward by 10 mm, On pulling the trigger,the action moves back, The trigger does not move !!!
    This is very difficult to acheive,
    I would not be suprised if ASI Intentionally made them in .22 With a weak spring to enhance the " Semi recoiless properties " ,
    The average condition one has a very good trigger, The next to mint one is not as good, I have been told they need shooting to loosen them up , The asi & Gamo guns were used as Fairground guns & As such would have fired many shots, & Expected to last.

I had another, bought off another forum, It had an Ox spring fitted, & The mechanism bolted up !!!! I sent it back.
    The reason I mentioned this was it shot very well 10 + Fpe, With a piston weight I am sure there is at least another 1 Fpe in there, I however cannot comment on the
    " Recoilessness " of it ( New word )

Regardless of whether you like the Asi/Gamo brand , In my opinion ( For what its worth ) You want one of these in your collection !
    They shoot very good , Almost completely recoiless, at around 400-425 Fpe in .22, Ged.

Last edited by gedfinn 2; 22-10-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: The Edit function does not recognise