Thread: I need your knowledge lads.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by craigtodd1968 View Post
    Ev2, sounds like reg creep, easy tell, shoot over chrono 5 shots one after the other , should all be close. Leave for 5 mins bet the fps drops, if it does reg creep, reg service will fix.
    Thats been done twice over a string of 60 shots Craig. Not enough differentials to make much of a difference.

secretagentmole Guest
    What pellets are you using? Some are not as good as manufacturers would have us believe!

Just been trawling through the internet on the nightforce website looking at manuals. It says that if the reticle focus is at either end of its limits, then parallax error may be present. I've said before that the eye relief is picky. Shooting without specs, which I usually do, needs the ret to be at its bottom limit. I must say that I've checked for parallax at this setting and it seems ok. Certainly nothing major. However, could be a route worth exploring and resetting to use wearing specs. I hate wearing specs when shooting and don't feel comfy, but if it solves it, it looks like being uncomfortable.

That's a very weird problem. A 3" drop in POI but a good chrono string points to the pellet clipping the stripper or a scope problem. Reg creep would stand out like a sore dick.

As has already been said, try a different scope, remove anything from the end of the barrel and if all else fails contact Barry Taylor for a service.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    That's a very weird problem. A 3" drop in POI but a good chrono string points to the pellet clipping the stripper or a scope problem. Reg creep would stand out like a sore dick.

As has already been said, try a different scope, remove anything from the end of the barrel and if all else fails contact Barry Taylor for a service.
    I can't imagine it clipping the standard AA factory fitted air stripper Chris.saying that, I shall try some tippex and see if I get any marks showing. The barrel has been free floated, (as recommened by several better shots than me), but I can't see that causing any clipping. I will probably drop on Ian at the club in the next week or so and arrange to have their Barry give it a service anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    I can't imagine it clipping the standard AA factory fitted air stripper Chris.saying that, I shall try some tippex and see if I get any marks showing. The barrel has been free floated, (as recommened by several better shots than me), but I can't see that causing any clipping. I will probably drop on Ian at the club in the next week or so and arrange to have their Barry give it a service anyway.
    Keep us informed as to what Barry finds as i find problems like this quite interesting.

Good luck
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I've just tried the old insulating tape test. It showed the pellets to be exiting closer to six o clock than dead centre, but not enough to be clipping. Moved on to the tippex. No sign of any clipping, but took the stripper off and put it back on using a grub screw with a sharp point to fit more solidly into the indent on the top of the barrel, and started over again. The holes in the tape now seem more central. I was going to try putting the clamp back on, but most people I've spoken to give that a big thumbs down. We shall see what happend next time I give it an outing.