Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROA loads

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    At the indoor range. swiss number 1. 18 grains.

It works, shots are consistent.
    Carl - you are allowed to use BP on an indoor range? How often is it washed down?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    I have always used the volumetric Equivalent of 30 grains of pyrodex in mine, big boom and three inch groups at twenty five yards, great fun with plenty of recoil
    Hi clueless, 30 grns pyrodex = 3" groups at 25 yards. Think i need to up my charges. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Hi clueless, 30 grns pyrodex = 3" groups at 25 yards. Think i need to up my charges. Tim
    Just remember that 30gr by weight of Pyrodex P = 33gr of FFFg.

Fairly stiff load, that.

tac

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

And where have you been hiding all this time?

I have always used the volumetric Equivalent of 30 grains of pyrodex in mine, big boom and three inch groups at twenty five yards, great fun with plenty of recoil
    Three inch groups at twenty five yards my arse, you always had trouble hitting the backstop.

Haven't seen you making smoke for a while Andy.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Ah yes James, but I have now learnt not to be afraid and shoot with my eyes open now

Still shooting at brpc but have to make do with Monday nights or Friday as the sods won't let me have Tuesday off!

Just bought an uberti cattleman pistol as well, so will be annoying the serious target shooters a bit more after the new year. There was a chap with a .22lr free pistol trying to concentrate next to me last week and I think he was getting a bit piss*d off trying to shoot through the gloom

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Andy.

Cant be beaten. The BANG, THE FLAME, THE SMOKE AND THE LOVELY SMELL OF EGGS. Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Cant be beaten. The BANG, THE FLAME, THE SMOKE AND THE LOVELY SMELL OF cow farts Tim.
    Fixed.

tac

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Ah yes

Ah yes James, but I have now learnt not to be afraid and shoot with my eyes open now

Still shooting at brpc but have to make do with Monday nights or Friday as the sods won't let me have Tuesday off!

Just bought an uberti cattleman pistol as well, so will be annoying the serious target shooters a bit more after the new year. There was a chap with a .22lr free pistol trying to concentrate next to me last week and I think he was getting a bit piss*d off trying to shoot through the gloom

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Andy.
    I've experienced the mental waves of hate bombarding me from the next booth, people running out coughing and spluttering and with watering eyes. (Note to self. STOP EATING SPROUTS).
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch