Thread: Hammerli AP20

Hammerli AP20

At the beginning of August I bought a new Hammerli AP20 from B.A.R. My first impressions was that I loved its light weight and handling. On the first session up at the club I was soon averaging 45 ex 50! http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=97
    The coloured plastic barrel tubes it comes with are just a gimmick and should be left out of what is a serious target pistol. Only recently I have changed the air cylinder from vertical to horizontal position which was done in 5 minutes with the basic tools provided.
    One OUTSTANDING feature is the amount of shots per charge (200 bar). Initially I thought I had mis counted. The manufacturers state 140 shots. Tonight I counted the number of useful shots as 240 yes TWO HUNDRED & FORTY! Once the point of aim had started to wander (after the 240th shot) I took the cylinder off and connected it to the gauge it came with. The remaining pressure was only 40 bar!
    What an amazing pistol. If you get chance give one a try.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 17-09-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    240 shots doesn't sound out of the way, in fact it sounds fairly low for the size of cylinder which looks quite large and the fact that by the time you're down to 40 bar I'd have expected the accuracy to suffer so you'd probably want to lose some off that figure.
    Morini CM162's do 200 regulated shots on a much slimmer cylinder before the low pressure lock cuts in around the 90 bar mark.

Otherwise good shooting - I guess the only way to better it would be to upgrade to a 'Wobbly'... (see the collectables section boys & girls)

I have handled one in the shop and was impressed.
    But I have never spent that much on a pistol so it did not come home with me.

I had the Hammerli APS 3 6mm trainer target pistol which was excellent but £100.
    Ideal for indoor use and very accurate.
    Last edited by gingernut; 18-09-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    240 shots doesn't sound out of the way, in fact it sounds fairly low for the size of cylinder which looks quite large and the fact that by the time you're down to 40 bar I'd have expected the accuracy to suffer so you'd probably want to lose some off that figure.
    Morini CM162's do 200 regulated shots on a much slimmer cylinder before the low pressure lock cuts in around the 90 bar mark.

Otherwise good shooting - I guess the only way to better it would be to upgrade to a 'Wobbly'... (see the collectables section boys & girls)
    Accuracy was still with me until the 240th shot (10s, 9s and a 'flyer' into the 7 ring! ). I personally dont know what they are like compared to say a Morini by they are far more lenient on air than my Steyrs (LP10 & LP2) and my FWB P30. Dont forget this is on a pistol weighing 870 gram! I dont think I could have managed 240 (accuratish - 2 out the black) shots in one session with a heavier pistol.

I wonder why the manufacturers state - '140' shots per fill? Usually in my experience, especially with air rifles, they state some exaggerated figure but your first few shots are low power and therefore wasted.
    Oh, and anything is better than a Wobbly. Even a Relum (but dont quote me on that)!

ATB
    Ian

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)

Breaking news!!!!

News just in!!!!!

I. J. says

Oh and anything's better than a Wobbly. Even a Relum
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Noticed it was extremely small print Mike

Is it regulated?

The Hammerli, I mean.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Is it regulated?

The Hammerli, I mean.
    I doubt it.