Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Shadow 'Trooper' for sale- a very rare item!!

Wow is there a definitive answer to what is what with Shadows,cos ive tried to find out as much info as poss and came back with more or less zero .

Does anyone know for sure if you could have brought a Scorpion with a Shadow stock or indeed if you could have brought a kit as is mentioned above to put a scorpion action in.

The Golden century book don't give any clues to the above questioned apart from the PA serial number, in which it states scorpion pistol .177 1979-1994

I've been looking through some of the advertising flyers I have, and this is one that will answer some of what you are asking: http://mynetimages.com/243b36a469.jpg

I've got more to go through, as I'm sure there was another flyer for the Scorpion kit, which included the rifle stock, but I haven't found it yet.

Thumbs up

Hi all

My friend Bob says he would consider a swap for a decent springer, something along the lines of a HW77 for his son, that way he won't have to give him his beautiful Goldstar (that used to be mine )

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks to Dave troubledshooter for getting my account activated,and for the chat on the phone last night.Also thanks to Johnbaz for listing the rifle.I registered months ago but my account hasnt been activated till now!.
    After a discussion with troubledshooter i have reduced the price to £150 plus £20.00 courier,as i do not trust Royal Fail.Any questions or photos please ask.payment via paypal accepted or F2F deal,willing to px for a HW77 or cash.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Hi John, yes that is a possibility. I have a .25 mercurey and couldnt hit a thing with it until Uk Neal made me a sizer for the slugs and Will(welsh willi) made a tuneing kit for her and got her to work properly. Now , its a very accurate and poweful rat gun. atb Dave.
    Try the new batch milbro rhino's , they work well without sizing in my .25 mercury(no german pellets do without re-sizing)

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Try the new batch milbro rhino's , they work well without sizing in my .25 mercury(no german pellets do without re-sizing)
    will do, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by bsa-nige View Post
    Wow is there a definitive answer to what is what with Shadows,cos ive tried to find out as much info as poss and came back with more or less zero .

Does anyone know for sure if you could have brought a Scorpion with a Shadow stock or indeed if you could have brought a kit as is mentioned above to put a scorpion action in.

The Golden century book don't give any clues to the above questioned apart from the PA serial number, in which it states scorpion pistol .177 1979-1994

Ive sent you a pm yesterday Nige with all the details you need.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/7192...21379/?fref=ts Rapid 7,HW100kt .177,Theoben Fenman, BSA Goldstar,Daystate HW30S shrouded and tuned, HW99S (Paul Short tuned)

Still waiting for your reply Nige.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/7192...21379/?fref=ts Rapid 7,HW100kt .177,Theoben Fenman, BSA Goldstar,Daystate HW30S shrouded and tuned, HW99S (Paul Short tuned)

Smile

Hey up Bob

I forgot to contact admin about your account (flippin' galloping senility )

The gun is now sold to troubledshooter and in the post

Cheers all
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I bought a Shadow and it arrived the other day. There are no markings on the cylinder and no scope rails.
    Anyhow it looks better in reality than I thought it would, a bit likethe bulbous stocked Relums
    I tried a few shots without setting the sights. With that Meteor aperture sight, I think that the sight picture is not great, as the aperture is too big or too close to your eye.
    With not having a scope rail, a scope, red dot etc would not be an option.
    I have come to the conclusion that I do not like pistols with shoulder stocks on them, having tried this, a Milbro Cougar, a Webley Typhoon with a home made stock, a Panther and a Relum Hurricane. The Relum is probably the most fun to shoot with the stock on as it makes it just about shootable. The Relum pistol is not great, but more fun to shoot than a lot of things.

I will be keeping the Shadow as I do seem to have a few "collectable" items now as well as the rough stuff I like to plink with.
    Is the noise of shooting tin cans just windchimes for nutters?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Regarding the above, what is the serial number ?