Thread: Rws pellets

Rws pellets

Some time ago, i purchased some of the RWS Superfield Fieldline pellets [Batch number ending in 528.]
    These were superb and comparable to Air Arms or Exact, but quite a bit cheaper.
    I recently purchased some more [batch number ending in 642] , but chose to return them, as they appeared to be of a different composition of metal and differed
    in size also. Downrange, they did not group as well and the average zero was around 2 inches lower.
    Through the chronograph they were around 30 f.p.s. slower as well. Beware of purchasing any from this batch if you are relying on them for F.T.!!

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    I used to use them batch no .....231 65 52 bar code ..528.
    When they ran out tried buying new ,not same nos.Due to factory mix up and new suppy with old nos tins I had to return £150 worth.
    However I managed to find a dusty full box of 3year old 528's 25000 of them.
    The new pellets compared to the old ones are not the same will not hold groups at 55yds as the old one will,and drop more.
    When I measured them the old ones had a larger tail dia and a smaller nose dia compared to the newer ones .Why they should reduce the tail dias and increase the nose dias on a successful pellet I don't know ,but it sure as hell dropped their market share.
    Most of the top shots that used to shoot them became aware of the shortcomings of the new 'MODEL'very quickly about 2 years ago.That is why if you can get the old ones they are like 'gold dust' .
    HERX77 .
    Last edited by Herx77; 19-09-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

They changed them a couple of years ago, I have about 6 tins of the old ones and won't be buying the new version, because as you have already pointed out they are not that good.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Thats being rather kind!
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.