Thread: what is best?

what is best?

Hi there i shoot a modified Swiss Arms 1911 BB Pistol at 6yds, i shoot in the garden and i know safety is priority. At the moment i shoot at a target that is about 2 and half feet from the ground, is this ideal or should i shoot at a target closer to the floor.

thanks debs

Not really dear.

I'd think the priority is to have a large-enough safe backstop that stops those BBs from rebounding about the place.

You really need to be 100% sure that none of the BBs come back towards you, or leave your property.

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Hi there i shoot a modified Swiss Arms 1911 BB Pistol at 6yds, i shoot in the garden and i know safety is priority. At the moment i shoot at a target that is about 2 and half feet from the ground, is this ideal or should i shoot at a target closer to the floor.

thanks debs
    The height you choose to shoot at is personal preference to a degree if shooting for fun, but the accepted paper target height is around the 1.4mtr mark. What youre hitting (The target) with the bb's needs to be thought about, as rebounds can be dangerous and unpredictable. Also as mentioned, your projectiles of choice must stay safely in /on your property. Bearing all that in mind the solution will be found by suggestions from others and your own ingenuity. I personally have found something like a thick blanket (I use one of those throws u chuck over sofas) or similar hung from whatever, (washing line?) to absorb bb's which usually just fall on impact. I shoot my TF witness indoors at 6yd at the throw with paper targets taped or pinned on and have not yet had any problems. Might be an idea to rig something up that hangs loosely and shoot from longer distances so rebounds are weaker, then start moving closer to see the effect of how far any rebounds travel. BE SAFE! ATB. Pete. PS. You have to have a safe backstop, or enough clear distance beyond the target in case you miss target altogether.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.