Thread: Webley MK3 Dating?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

webley mk III dating

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Just to add to Abasmajor's details. Interestingly the bible would seem to confirm that your rifle (series 7) was manufactured week ending 18/09/'71 . The first "A" prefix batch 6930 to 39 are noted in the factory ledger as "super" so were Supertarget models week ending 18/10/'68. I'm sitting here hoping yours is the Supertarget

Also interesting your other Mk lll could be series 4 if the serial number is impressed into the stock under the action. This practice stopped at 32000 around 1959.
    The series 5 appeared 1961 with the dumbbell shape 'scope rail. Rarer versions had the 'scope rail "waisted" on one flank only and are a collectable quirk for some.

Whichever they are enjoy. Loves 'em. Jules
    Hi I'm brand new to airgunbbs have had air rifles all my life now at 63 still tinkering and plinking , I noticed this thread and wondered if you might be able to help me date my mk3 the serial number is 0139 its the smooth stock type with no scope rail . regards and thankyou in advance .

Pics would be interesting but Thrale's descriptions say early Series 1 so 1947/8 and very tasty to the collectors.
    PM for more info. if it helps.

If it is a smooth stock, there's probably a prefix missing: A, B of F maybe? Otherwise stock could be a replacement. pic would be helpfull

Question Webley mk3

Just got a webley mk3 series 4serial no 27772 can anyone date this .

1955/6 is my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by webleymk3 View Post
    Hi I'm brand new to airgunbbs have had air rifles all my life now at 63 still tinkering and plinking , I noticed this thread and wondered if you might be able to help me date my mk3 the serial number is 0139 its the smooth stock type with no scope rail . regards and thankyou in advance .
    Welcome to the site webleymk3 (presumably the name says it all!). I joined a little under two years ago and have found the site and people on it extremely helpful in their kind advice and wide knowledge - and they have also spurred a collecting bug.