Thread: Daystate airwolf mvt servicing prices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Daystate airwolf mvt servicing prices

I have a daystate airwolf mvt which I have had from new, and today has been the first day I have had on the range with no wind at all and my grouping was terrible and one minute it was shooting to left and then to the right,I have been putting this down to the wind before now. I have had this trouble before when I first bought the rifle, daystate put the wrong grub screws in which hold the barrel, they sent the correct ones and I fitted them, I don't want to start messing around with the rifle so I was thinking of sending it back to daystate for a service and ask them to check the barrel and grouping, but to be honest I am skint and I was wondering what it will cost, time it takes and can I drop the rifle off as I have had a lot of problems recently with items going missing in the post.
    Thanks Jim

MVT

Hi Jim, you live quite close to me, I had an MVT, it was awesome. If I was worried about my Daystate I'd call Dave at Staffordshire Custom Rifles. Dave is a bit of a genius with air rifles. He is also as reasonable cost wise as you will find, his service is better than excellent and he tells the truth. Dave used to be at Daystate back in the day and knows them as well, if not better than most. Recently I have heard service costs for Daystates going through the roof price wise, I don't know for certain if this is true.
    Regards Andrew
    Good deals with;Highland Warrior, UK Neil, ffireblade, Rapidnick

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayNoHow View Post
    Hi Jim, you live quite close to me, I had an MVT, it was awesome. If I was worried about my Daystate I'd call Dave at Staffordshire Custom Rifles. Dave is a bit of a genius with air rifles. He is also as reasonable cost wise as you will find, his service is better than excellent and he tells the truth. Dave used to be at Daystate back in the day and knows them as well, if not better than most. Recently I have heard service costs for Daystates going through the roof price wise, I don't know for certain if this is true.
    Regards Andrew
    Would dave fit the updated circuit board or would I have to go to daystate for that, I will have to give them both a call to see what the price difference is and what's included, do you have there numbers thanks jim

Daystate listed their service price for an electronic rifle At £173, at the beginning of 2013, and yes you can drop it off. Daystate tel. 01782 791755. Stafford. Custom Rifles tel 01782 720250
    Last edited by CORKY.; 23-09-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Is this a common occurrence with the Wolf then???? A lad at the range I use has this issue and has asked me to service his rifle.But I advised him to go to Daystate as I had heard they fit the newer circuit boards.Thing is his only acts up when the pressure is down a bit,not when the the tank has just been refilledI put this down to the regulator but not too sure that it is not the circuit board or a dodgy setting.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by walrus1# View Post
    Is this a common occurrence with the Wolf then???? A lad at the range I use has this issue and has asked me to service his rifle.But I advised him to go to Daystate as I had heard they fit the newer circuit boards.Thing is his only acts up when the pressure is down a bit,not when the the tank has just been refilledI put this down to the regulator but not too sure that it is not the circuit board or a dodgy setting.
    I don't honestly know, I have read that when daystate have serviced other people's rifle that they fit the latest board, so I was thinking that was the way to go, I will have to find the funds from somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by walrus1# View Post
    Airwolf MVT doesn't have a reg as such. The pressure in the bottle is whats at the firing valve, anything between 90 and 200 bar. The power is governed electronically.

Jim I doubt that daystate would change the circuit board they just update the software in the eprom or pic chip. My MVT was bought second hand but the original owner had sent it back to daystate and they updated the software in early 2011. Mine is very accurate with Jsb exacts and H&N FTT's. Velocity spread is very low better than any other rifle I have had. If your fps spread is high you might try cleaning the chrono sensors in the shroud
    Bsa R10 Mk2 .177, Theoben Evolution .177 CS800, TX200HC .177, HW100T .177 Bullpup, Airwolf MVT .177, Ray Neale Titanium JIm Vickers stock .177