Thread: just returned to air pistol shooting

just returned to air pistol shooting

I have recently returned to air pistol shooting use to shoot both air pistol and section 1 pistols before the nanny state took over. Have ordered a Gamo tactical P85 just for playing with plinking and maybe vermin anybody have one of these or any view of them if so what are the best pellets to use any other info would be appreciated

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotic golfer View Post
    I have recently returned to air pistol shooting use to shoot both air pistol and section 1 pistols before the nanny state took over. Have ordered a Gamo tactical P85 just for playing with plinking and maybe vermin anybody have one of these or any view of them if so what are the best pellets to use any other info would be appreciated
    Geco pellets would probably suffice, but please note it is generally considered that shooting live prey with an air pistol is Not the done thing, and may get you in bother with the mods if you persist, atb, ...mike...

I would recommend that you look at a Baikal MP654K - made of real steel as opposed to plastic and pot metal

Mind you being as I am somewhat biased I would though

Not the most accurate but lots of scope for tuning and improving - which adds to the enjoyment for some of us

I have a P25 which as you know is essentially the same thing just with a different shape. I have to say that it's not at all suitable to use on anything other than an inanimate object. Essentially I view these pistols the same way as I would set of darts, rather than guns of any sorts, lots of fun but only against a target. The power is fairly low and pretty variable, accuracy wouldn't be up to it either.

Please don't think I'm knocking it though, I'm not I love it. Power and accuracy wise it's fine for what I want it for, which is a bit of fun target shooting. The build quality is good, as far as I know. True it's not going to be a Mak, but it's not cheaply made either. The polymer frame is solid and high quality and the slide is a nice aluminium not pot metal.

It's easy to set up and load and I've had no jams with mine. I was recommended to use Geco Hobby pellets, and these have been fine in both the P25 and my Skif.

I'm not terribly sold on the idea of blow back myself, but it's good and strong on the Gamos. It is a fun thing to shoot.

The Gamo PS85

Many thanks for the replies to my message on the gamo PS85 and will try the suggested pellets