Thread: Webley Spares Boxes

Webley Spares Boxes

Noted two Vintage Webley Spares Boxes up for grabs at that well known internet Auction Site.

Item No: 111160765142 (Rifle) and Item No: 111160767818 (Pistol). Both seem to be attracting considerable interest with bids already in three figures.

Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian,
    I placed a watch on the rifle box yesterday when the price was low enough but looks like its getting silly.

John

Thanks, Brian.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hey, if you think the rifle box is getting silly try the pistol box! £155 for 6 springs, one Junior(?) grip (the other is damaged) and a collection of cardboard!
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

boxes

I have a box of pistol spares here lots of roll pins trigger parts cocking links ect say £80 if they are any good to some one

Quote Originally Posted by partner k1250 View Post
    I have a box of pistol spares here lots of roll pins trigger parts cocking links ect say £80 if they are any good to some one
    Hello,

A bit more detail relating to the included parts and perhaps a photo would be useful if possible.

Regards

Brian

spares

Pm sent

Could I have the same info please?
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Looks like there are two pistol boxes on there now. The rifle version is a lot harder to find in my view.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Looks like there are two pistol boxes on there now. The rifle version is a lot harder to find in my view.

John
    Hi John,

I agree, having seen quite a few pistols boxes and only one example of a rifle box. I recall a nice pistol box selling at the 2006 Wallis & Wallis Webley auction for £240 plus commission. It was however pretty full and included barrels and grips if I remember correctly.

I guess the words 'Original' & 'Webley' combined will always create a fair amount of interest.

Regards

Brian

I think you're right Brian and also recall that sale. I bought a pistol spares box for £20 many years ago, which was in poor condition but retained most of the small spares boxes themselves, albeit most of them empty. I then found a much better outer with hardly any small boxes, so was able to make up one good example, to which I have added over the years. I remember buying a batch of tagged Webley air pistol springs at an arms fair, which worked out at £1.50 each. As well as the stamped metal tags, I also found some with red paper ends, which I do not recall seeing elsewhere.

John

I wonder what two unused Webley spares boxes, one for pistol and one for rifle spares would be worth.
    They each have their unused multiple small cardboard spares boxes and labels.
    I would say they are 'mint', but have a few slight scuff marks on the outers where they have been moved around over the years.
    There are no parts lists stuck on the inner lids.
    I was told when I bought them many years ago, they were supplied to a gun shop approximately three weeks before it closed, which is why they were never used.

More Original Webley Spares

Quite a large boxed collection of more apparently original Webley spares has now appeared for internet auction.

Item No: 151132383481

Just 40 mins left, 26 bidders currently £132.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 05-10-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Interesting lot eventually sold for £265 pus postage (31 bids).

Regards

Brian