Thread: Steyr PCP cylinder dates

Steyr PCP cylinder dates

Quick question, I'm looking at a Steyr PCP pistol, both cylinders are dated 01/99, when would they need re-testing, Not owned PCP before and want to check before parting with any money.

cheers
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

They don't, unless you are entering ISSF international competitions!

See earlier threads

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

Thanks & will do
    cheers
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

They can not be tested, technically they "expired" in 2009, as Adrian says for ISSF major competitions. The price of the pistol should reflect that.
    Evo 10 Compact.

dates are not a problem. as adiepie states.
    are they the gold cylinders with the red pressure indicator? if so check for leaks around the indicator.
    also ask if the cylinders have been filled from a divers bottle.
    if so, then the air will be clean and dry. and wont cause problems caused by moisture.
    i have an early lp5 with the gold cylinders, i used to fill them with a stirrup pump which caused moisture to enter the cylinders.
    on strip down there was a gungy mess inside as the alloy mixed with the moisture. also causing the pressure indicator to leak.
    otherwise no problems with steyrs .
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

Would it be the LP1 in the highlands somewhere?
    If it is, I wondered about it, the cylinder dates sound about the same. I decided against it, mainly because I didn't have a pot of cash ready.... However, I did wonder whether LP10/2 cylinders would fit? I never really found out, but thought it would make it a bit more future proof.
    There is a nice looking Morini for sale for £575, I think it is on here, if you weren't set on a Steyr.
    Cheers, Mark.

Hello all,
    Yes, The newer Steyr cylinders will fit older pistols, they are the same figment, just with gauges rather than the red nipples at the front.
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

thanks for that, It has been filled with a stirrup pump, One leaked and the pistol needed a new grip so let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    dates are not a problem. as adiepie states.
    are they the gold cylinders with the red pressure indicator? if so check for leaks around the indicator.
    also ask if the cylinders have been filled from a divers bottle.
    if so, then the air will be clean and dry. and wont cause problems caused by moisture.
    i have an early lp5 with the gold cylinders, i used to fill them with a stirrup pump which caused moisture to enter the cylinders.
    on strip down there was a gungy mess inside as the alloy mixed with the moisture. also causing the pressure indicator to leak.
    otherwise no problems with steyrs .
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

No it was a local sale to me, The reason for me wanting an LP1 is simply that I used one and got on really well with it, Also tried a Morini 162 which was my initial search but when just couldn't get on with it, Nothing inherently wrong with the pistol as the guy I borrowed it from shoots it really well I just preferred the LP1.

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    Would it be the LP1 in the highlands somewhere?
    If it is, I wondered about it, the cylinder dates sound about the same. I decided against it, mainly because I didn't have a pot of cash ready.... However, I did wonder whether LP10/2 cylinders would fit? I never really found out, but thought it would make it a bit more future proof.
    There is a nice looking Morini for sale for £575, I think it is on here, if you weren't set on a Steyr.
    Cheers, Mark.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Hello,

I will soon be selling my Steyr LP10 if you're looking for a pistol. Cylinders are 2006 and only ever filled from a diving bottle. Serviced by Harry last year and matched to JSB pellets, batch number 1101 if you wanted any more. The test group shot last year was smaller than the original test group! I'm selling as I'm now after a pistol with electronic trigger. This pistol has served me well coming 9th in English Champs and 16th in British Airgun Champs, 2nd in North Wales etc etc etc
    Pistol has a heavily modified medium grip, but I'm sure you'd take a file and some plastic wood to it anyway because everyone does to make them fit properly!
    I think its worth somewhere near the £800 mark, but will be open to sensible offers.

Regards
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+