Thread: Problem with Umarex Beretta 92

Renegade Master is offline They mostly come at night, mostly

Problem with Umarex Beretta 92

Hi Guys

My 9 year old son has fully adopted my 92 and is getting on very well with it. However, it seems to have developed an issue (possibly caused by him dropping it onto a carpeted concrete floor).

When shooting, it is not always firing a pellet, although it is firing CO2. I thought initially thought that the pellets were getting stuck in the mags, so cleaned them all with a .177 bronze bore brush. As it was still happening I then thought maybe there was insufficient CO2 to push the pellets out of the mag and changed the bulb. However it happened again at the club last night, so I'm now wondering if it is failing to index the magazine (have tried 4 different mags). When it fires without sending the pellet down range it makes the sound it makes when a mag is empty. He is firing it single action, so manually cocking the hammer.

Has anyone got any advice or suggestion on how to fix it. I would prefer to avoid stripping it if I can, I've have had it apart before and it was a PITA to get back together.

Cheers in advance,

Dan

Dan

It seems your idea about the indexing could be the thing to start with, it sounds to me like there may be some cr*p inside or just the indexing arm sticking which is why its intermittent. You could try to lube it etc, but think your going to have to strip and clean and check the whole thing.

Best of luck

Ian
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Cheers Ian

I thought that might be the case, I guess I was hoping there would be a magic fix to avoid opening it.

I might try getting some oil in there first and working the action to see if I can free it up.

Dan

had a simular problem with mine,it turned out the pellets i were using were too tight in the mag changed pellets now ok.

My original thought was tight mags due to lead buildup, hence the clean. However the problem persisted after cleaning with the same tin of pellets I've had for a while.

RE - Problem with Umarex Beretta 92

Try replacing the mags before you strip the gun. The wear could be on the indexing part of mag (centre of rear face)- and nothing to do with the gun. Try this first, as a stripdown on these is a nightmare!

I've had it apart before, so I know how much of a PITA it is to put back together.

Pretty sure it's not the mags, have tried six and they all do it. I noticed last night that it only happens in single action when I cock the hammer manually, in double action it seems to shoot fine every time. Looks like it's going to be a frustrating weekend of opening it up and seeing whats wrong.

It could be a couple of things, so before you take it apart, try getting some pell gun oil or fully synthetic oil onto the back of the valve stem,you can trickle some down a darning needle, then with the trigger held back after it being fired ( no gas in it) push the hammer forward with your thumb to work the oil into the back of the valve. You should feel the hammer 'give' as you do this.
    If you don't already,put some of the same oil on every 10th CO2 bulb, just a drop on the top, so that it goes into the valve when you pierce it.

Worse case is that the fall may have bent the base late that the adjuster sits on for piercing the CO2 bulb.

If the above fails, then there is an excellent guide on the UBC ( Umarex Boys Club ) on how to strip and rebuild the Mod 92