Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement o-ring for Tanfoglio Witness 1911 magazine??

Replacement o-ring for Tanfoglio Witness 1911 magazine??

Hi all

I put a new CO2 cartridge in my little-used TFW and all the gas vented out through the top of the magazine in a matter of seconds. So I removed the valve assembly from the magazine (the first time I have done so) and found the white tapered plastic part seals against a thin o-ring that has a metal ring that sits outside it.

The o-ring appears to be rather deformed - does anyone know the correct dimensions and where to source a replacement, please? It looks like it might be square section, less than 1mm thick and about 8mm diameter, but as it's deformed it's a bit difficult to tell.

Thanks

Mycroft

Mycroft, the Witness magazine seal is made from PTFE/TEFLON which is not suitable for this type of application.It makes a good seal on a permanent joint, but because it is malleable and deforms is not suitable for a seal that is continually compressed and released, and will deform.The best material is polyurethane which is very resilient and hard wearing.I think Nick of magic9design can help you.

http://www.magic9designltd.com/

Baz

Thanks for the suggestion Baz, and I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner. I could have sworn I had set this up to email me when someone posted a response .

As it happens I also posted the same enquiry on the general airgun forum and a couple of people made the same suggestion, so I bought a new seal from Nick at magic9.

Initially the seal leaked - possibly because I had assembled valve with the metal ring around the outside of the new seal (as per the old seal). So I reassembled without the ring and it seemed to be better, although the gun was playing up (only actually firing a BB every other shot - although the action was recycling - and machine gunning). It may have been because the CO2 capsule wasn't pierced as cleanly as usual, but I haven't had a chance to try it again and investigate further. I must also ask Nick whether the new seal is supposed to have the metal ring on the outside.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Cheers
    Mycroft

Got some flat sheets of 80 Shore A tdi polyurethane and now cutting out a few replacement seals for myself.

Baz

Out of interest what dimensions will your finished seals be?

I mentioned that I had some issues after replacing the seal with one from Magic9 - not implying there is anything wrong with the seal as I haven't had a chance to play about with it - so I wondered whether the valve might have screwed further into the magazine (I fitted the seal without the metal ring on the outside which may allow the valve to squish in further) resulting in less contact from the hammer when firing, resulting in less CO2 to fire the gun. Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Mycroft

8.0 mm O.D x 3.4 mm I.D x 1.6 mm thick.Push fit straight into piercing screw. I am talking about the CO2 cartridge seal.

Baz

Ah, OK. The problem I had was with the seal for the valve in the magazine. I did also get the piercer seal from Magic9 but I haven't fitted it yet.

Cheers
    Mycroft

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but my TFW magazine CO2 cartridge seal is shot too, and Magic9 don’t make them any more... any ideas?!
    I’ve tried to source 8mm x 1.5mm PU washers / seals but nothing appears to exist...
    Help?!
    Cheers
    Alex
    Last edited by hedgehugger; 24-05-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Typo
    Rockin’ a battered old Weihrauch HW80 .22 FAC
    and an equally rustic Cometa 220 .22

Hi mate, email - emily 536@kwcgun.com

She will sort you out with the genuine kwc parts. They come from China but the prices are pretty low and the service is very good

Cheers

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by rlancast View Post
    Hi mate, email - emily 536@kwcgun.com

She will sort you out with the genuine kwc parts. They come from China but the prices are pretty low and the service is very good

Cheers

Roger
    I've just tried to send an email to the above address and it comes back as undeliverable?
    I'm after a part for a kwc makarov

Sorry should the email be emily536@kwcgun.com ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Sorry should the email be emily536@kwcgun.com ?
    Thanks
    Hi mate try jillh@kwcgun.com

Quote Originally Posted by rlancast View Post
    Hi mate try jillh@kwcgun.com
    Excellent, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehugger View Post
    Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but my TFW magazine CO2 cartridge seal is shot too, and Magic9 don’t make them any more... any ideas?!
    I’ve tried to source 8mm x 1.5mm PU washers / seals but nothing appears to exist...
    Help?!
    Cheers
    Alex
    If you don't get sorted I will punch you a couple out.

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/AAmL9oZ.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    If you don't get sorted I will punch you a couple out.

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/AAmL9oZ.jpg

Could you please Baz?! Happy to cover costs

Many thanks
    Alex
    Rockin’ a battered old Weihrauch HW80 .22 FAC
    and an equally rustic Cometa 220 .22