Thread: FAS 604 Rear Sight Parts Needed

FAS 604 Rear Sight Parts Needed

I have damaged the rear sight on my FAS 604 and need to find some replacement parts.

The pressed steel rear sight element has the windage screw passing though it and the thread on one or both of them has stripped so I need to find replacements for these two parts..or a complete rear sight assembly.

Can anybody advise who the UK importer is/was that may have some spare parts or does anybody have a rear sight assembly to sell?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Are you getting a bit clumsy with the old '5lbs of badly wrapped sausages' you call fingers?
    I will have a look on my Fez 604 http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=15
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The sight was fine the last time I used it and so I fancied shooting it in the MPL at the club last Thursday but when I opened the hard case I noticed that the rear sight was twisted

I have no idea how this could have happened, but it needed to be removed so it could be straightened and re-fitted - but maybe the damage to the rear sight was more substantial than was first thought as the windage screw that passes through it may also have been damaged.

Perhaps it was dropped ?........or used by somebody with big biceps that closed it a bit too forcibly (was it you? ).

Anyway, we are where we are so I need to find some parts or a replacement rear sight and I don't know where to find these parts.

A quick net search seems to indicate that Checkmate may be your best bet.

The only other option would be to straighten the back frame, plug the holes, then re-drill and tap.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Have you tried contacting FAS direct? http://www.dominoguns.it/fas/?assistenza-●-contacts,2

Quote Originally Posted by sandy22 View Post
    Have you tried contacting FAS direct? http://www.dominoguns.it/fas/?assistenza-●-contacts,2
    Thanks - I have sent them an email.

The part I need is shown on their drawing as the rear sight with the windage screw as one unit (part number 176).

This is exactly what I need.

fas

Hi
    You may struggle for spares if checkmate don't have what you need as the company producing the fas have gone into receivership. They have been bought out but wont be in production till next year sometime.

regards Jon

Domino Guns OK - but NSRA shop .......?

The part number for the rear sight module for my Mk 2 FAS 604 that I need is no. 176.

I had a very fast reply from "Rafaelle" at Domino Guns in Italy who gave me the email address - prendell@nsra.co.uk - who represent them in the UK so I forwarded his reply to this email address and have heard nothing since.

I also called the NSRA shop and let them know that I would like to buy this part from them. They asked me for the pistol serial number (which I provided) and said they would call back shortly... ......

No reply to my email to prendell@nsra.co.uk so far and I am still waiting for the promised return phone call from the NSRA shop ..

I bought a ap604 a month ago. Previous owner had installed some kind of fiber optic sight on it, so i had to solder the fiber holes closed. Rear sight needs some sanding and paint after filling holes, but I ordered new sights anyways. Got them from here: http://www.heikkitaipalusky.fi
    I don't know if he ships outside Finland..

My old rear sight is available if you can't find new one.

My broadband is now working again and I have had a reply from the NSRA shop and Domino who are happy to supply the part direct so the problem is resolved..but the price is a bit of a choker!!