Thread: Your views please

Kingplinker Guest

Exclamation Your views please

After reading Jim's article on his B2 lumphammer I wondered if you would give me your opinions on the smk xs 19
    It seems a good rifle , powerful and accurate . I am more of a pistol user really but would be interested to see what you think !

thanks , Dave ( thick skin.....S**t rifle ? )

I'm open to being ripped apart here, but I think the xs19 is a copy of a hw35, I know that the xs20 is the hw95, so my presumption is its like the weihrauch just not as solid....

Jay

Kingplinker Guest

Aahhhhhhhh

Ooh , that's a good positive start ! Cheers Jay

Dave

D R Guest

Re 2: Kingplinker!

It is said that the XS B19 is a Chinese made copy of the Gamo 220, 440, 880 series of guns, which I think were made by some company in the UK (Theoben??). Maybe you know which! I have a Crosman Quest 1000 (.177) which is the XS B19 with a little different stock (no cheek piece) and a blue/black finish (not parkerized). It's a nice looking gun (piece of kit) and makes 14 FPE with Superdome pellets. That's right out of the box by the way! It trigger is a bit much mine was 5 lb. 2 oz. With GTX kit ($40US), 2 lb. 4 oz. and very nice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nQuest1000.jpg

It's suppose to have a Theoben (stile) trigger and the GTX trigger blade kit is interchangeable with the Rapid PCP. At $65 to 85US I'm very pleased with it. I think most of those that have them are as well.

D R

Kingplinker Guest

Mmmm

Yes , very similar indeed but without the cheekpiece ofcourse !

Dave

Kingplinker Guest

Good write up !

I have just read a rather good report on the xs 19 ..... so it seems it's not soooooooo bad after all .