Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ452 American

CZ seems to be the HW of the rimfire world?
    rangetime.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by CameronWilson View Post
    CZ seems to be the HW of the rimfire world?
    I have the HW66 jagd-match, an HW of the rimfire world,the trigger's so sweet!

I sold my CZ American, even with my own spring kit fitted the trigger was light but had no feel, just an on/off switch really.
    Good barrels though.

Atb,Woody.
    Last edited by nat1; 24-02-2014 at 10:24 PM.

.17 hmr on range

Quote Originally Posted by sprackles View Post
    Thanks Tim,

Should have said, its the HMR and it will mainly be used on Rabbits.
    Dont know of any ranges that allow HMRs on so targetwork is out.
    Should have no problems with hmr on a range, just use fmj. They probably dont like frangible on the range but I cannot for the life of me see why.

CZ .17 HMR grouping

I have just come back from a session on the 50 metre range 10 5 shot groups into less than half an inch, these guns are amazing.
    16 inch 452 varmint shooting 20 grain fmj

I have a 452 varmint 16" barrel. You mention getting a trigger kit for yours and all I can say is go for it. Did mine a few months ago and it has totally, I mean totally!, transformed it. I used the middle spring from the Rimfire Magic kit. Superbly accurate rifle using Hornady vmax 17gr, head shooting bunnies from quad sticks. I am sure there are better quality hmrs out there but mine is simply a working tool and it does the job brilliantly

I bought a new 455 Varmint 16" barrel with a cracking thumbhole laminate stock last month and took it a 100m range to zero in and although it was giving me good groups I thought the trigger was very heavy so I ordered the Yodave trigger kit. I've also ordered a Yukon Photon from my local RFD who offered to fit a new picatinny mount for me so I could change between the Photon and scope easily without losing zero (not too much anyway) so they've got it at the moment to fit and zero and they also offered to fit the Yodave trigger kit for me even though I didn't buy it off them I'm really happy with that as I didn't fancy bump testing the trigger weight so at least now I know it's been tested correctly.

I can't wait to get it back next week and take it to one of my permissions to give the bunnies a hard time

Thumbs up

I bought a 452 recently in .22LR and it's currently at the gunsmith's getting the trigger fettled. I picked mine up secondhand for £150 and I'm really enjoying using it so far

https://youtu.be/FNOKoKtqro0

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Cz 452 .17hmr

I went to thr range on wednesday and shot the best 50 metre group I have ever managed 5 shots into one ragged hole, .226x.316 inches using CCI fmj's.
    Dont know what I did right but I was well chuffed with the result, these really are very good guns

Cz 452

Hi All,

My first posting on this site.

Anyway, I own two CZ 452's, one is the .22LR (Brand new as of a month ago) and a 2nd Hand .17HMR
    purchased through Guntrader.

Both rifles are exceptionally accurate with the ammo that suits them, I use RWS Subs on the 22 and Hornady 17g V-Max with the .17, these seem to be ideal for Bunny bashing (but only head shots with the HMR otherwise its carnage!).

The only criticism that I have is that I wanted to purchase the .22LR in a Thumbhole Left Handed stock, this is not
    available and CZ were good enough to reply to my e-mail request to say unfortunately they have no plans for this.

Only alternative is to have a custom stock made, this would probably cost a packet!!

CZ were recommended by a friend who has been shooting since God's dog was a puppy and swears by them
    as they never let him down, he also states that he has never ever cleaned the barrel as the accuracy has never
    let him down.

Best regards to all.

Erm left handed stock. Thumbhole. For the cz. I've just ordered a boyds stock from the states. With the exchange rate 106quid to the door. And there mighty fine have a peek. If you bought that over here you would be 300quid outta pocket I'm sure. Ps to the original poster ! Cz's kick ass. Got a 452 American myself in hmr flavour and used it for over 6 years now. Cracking little bunny basher and sub 100 fox gun. Had the 452 varmint in the lr but it wasn't very accurate. I think I had a duff one. But my mates 452 classic long barrel is the most accurate lr I've ever witnessed shot ! My Annie will not shoot a better grouping it. And I consider that for an lr pretty fine. Takes ya pick ps with the trigger kit fitted like both mine had done I have to concur it's a bit vague. But don't let that put you off. As you know your taking the shot anyway when squeezing gently. And it does come as a surprise a little sometimes. But it's never been a bad thing for me. Shots always been bang on with placement and it's certainly stops you pulling it off lol
    grim reaper to the bunny population!!

Quote Originally Posted by mogurnda View Post
    Sprackles..

As I have said on several other forums the 17 HMR is a shooters gun..... the more you use it the better you will become with it..... It is an extremely accurate rifle.
    I too use the CZ American.
    Yes in windy conditions over 100 yds.. it can move off line slightly .... but you learn to compensate for that .....
    We regularly use it taking rabbits out to 150 -160 yds.... and the odd fox...... NO PROBLEMS...
    On here and other shooting sites you will find there are those who cannot stand them and are very vocal about it.
    Those of us who have got used to them and can shoot them, think that it is an EXCELLENT rifle.
    Keep using it and you too will become a convert ....

Cheers David.
    I agree....I have one and the more I use it the more I like it.