Thread: CZ452 American

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just bought a brand new CZ452 American for £256 in a closing down sale. Plenty of cash left over for glass and a mod. If it doesn't work as well as I think it should then I shouldn't lose too much money at all. Happy days
    AirArms S510 Carbine .22 and a G10 repeater that struggles to push a pellet out of the barrel

diamondc1. I had this with my .22 452. I simply gave the extractor claws area a really good clean making sure they are not damaged etc
    and away she went. Not had a problem since. I seem to remember reading they are quite tight in the chamber so any crud will soon cause
    problems. I clean mine a couple of times a year wether it needs it or not and its been brilliant. Tim

I found the Winchester Super X Sub Sonics worked best in mine.

+1 for win subs

CZ seems to be the HW of the rimfire world?
    rangetime.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by CameronWilson View Post
    CZ seems to be the HW of the rimfire world?
    I have the HW66 jagd-match, an HW of the rimfire world,the trigger's so sweet!

I sold my CZ American, even with my own spring kit fitted the trigger was light but had no feel, just an on/off switch really.
    Good barrels though.

Atb,Woody.
    Last edited by nat1; 24-02-2014 at 10:24 PM.

I have a 452 varmint 16" barrel. You mention getting a trigger kit for yours and all I can say is go for it. Did mine a few months ago and it has totally, I mean totally!, transformed it. I used the middle spring from the Rimfire Magic kit. Superbly accurate rifle using Hornady vmax 17gr, head shooting bunnies from quad sticks. I am sure there are better quality hmrs out there but mine is simply a working tool and it does the job brilliantly

I bought a new 455 Varmint 16" barrel with a cracking thumbhole laminate stock last month and took it a 100m range to zero in and although it was giving me good groups I thought the trigger was very heavy so I ordered the Yodave trigger kit. I've also ordered a Yukon Photon from my local RFD who offered to fit a new picatinny mount for me so I could change between the Photon and scope easily without losing zero (not too much anyway) so they've got it at the moment to fit and zero and they also offered to fit the Yodave trigger kit for me even though I didn't buy it off them I'm really happy with that as I didn't fancy bump testing the trigger weight so at least now I know it's been tested correctly.

I can't wait to get it back next week and take it to one of my permissions to give the bunnies a hard time

Thumbs up

I bought a 452 recently in .22LR and it's currently at the gunsmith's getting the trigger fettled. I picked mine up secondhand for £150 and I'm really enjoying using it so far

https://youtu.be/FNOKoKtqro0

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR