Thread: Mk 3 Refurb completed - 1968 series 7 (imorik take a look! Remember this?)

Mk 3 Refurb completed - 1968 series 7 (imorik take a look! Remember this?)

Finally put back together the action (New leather washer and bluing tidied up) and the walnut stock (stripped and refinished).

New washer still dieseling but putting out approx 9ft lbs average. Dieseling is adding to a wide fps variation at the moment so waiting for it to settle down. Having said that, it is accurate over 10m, hope to try over 20m later.

Well pleased with it so far.

looks nice john,pictures are a bit small on my lap top though,what may i ask did you use to finish the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    looks nice john,pictures are a bit small on my lap top though,what may i ask did you use to finish the stock?
    Decided on Tru oil as I've used it in the past with good results. It certainly did the walnut justice, lovely grain. Steamed the dents out and sanded the scratches out. It may no longer be original but it's a lot nicer to look at and to use now.

Nice one John. I was in a bit of a dilemma about doing the one I bought a while back. In the end I couldn't resist.

Brian

mk3

Looks very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnc61 View Post
    Decided on Tru oil as I've used it in the past with good results. It certainly did the walnut justice, lovely grain. Steamed the dents out and sanded the scratches out. It may no longer be original but it's a lot nicer to look at and to use now.
    Hello John,

The Mk3 certainly looks great and was obviously well worth all the time and effort you must have put into it. I have always believed the stock figuring and bluing on the Webley Mk3s was better than on the BSA Airsporter but have to admit an overall preference for the BSA.I guess that's why I just had to have examples of both these lovely old rifles.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 29-09-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnc61 View Post
    got to give that tru oil a go some time,i think it lends it's self well to a mk3 stock and i agree with brian about the quality of the build on these rifles,well worth the refurbishment. atb.
    Last edited by isobar; 30-09-2013 at 07:32 AM.

What a fine job, she looks great.
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Lovely!! 'Nuff said.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!