Thread: Who Would Buy a HW77/97-Size Version of the HW57 at the same price as HW77/97

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Who Would Buy a HW77/97-Size Version of the HW57 at the same price as HW77/97

I thought not.

Case closed.

How about a hw57 sized version of the 77?

I've never shot an HW57, but it's on my list of rifles to try one day. To me, part of the appeal of the 57 is that they're small and reasonably light, especially for an underlever rifle. If they were the size/weight of an HW97/77 then I'd not bother!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Now I think I'd have one of those, should such a thing exist.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    That would be the perfect UK sub-12 ft/lbs springer ... with rear piston bearings and a set-back trigger for my one please.

I think I've turned into a HW57 troll. Please someone send me a free one, its the only antidote...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Superstar ?

Yes, please!

Get on with it, Tone!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    That would be the perfect UK sub-12 ft/lbs springer ... with rear piston bearings and a set-back trigger for my one please.

I think I've turned into a HW57 troll. Please someone send me a free one, its the only antidote...
    You need to shoot a tuned 57, just like you needed to shoot a tuned 280k...different animals once they are fettled.

I don't get why the HW57 gets such a hard time.

It always seems to be regarded as the 77's poor cousin. My mates got a standard 177 version that is lovely to shoot - no twanginess, no accuracy problems because of the pop up breach, its just a right nice little gun - a bit girly but theres something soft and petite about it - which surely can't be a bad thing in air gun terms.

Surely the HW57 must be full of tuning promise's? As for a 7'57 I just don't know, probably horrible

But then a 57'7 would be sweet!
    Last edited by capt hindsight; 30-09-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: imaginary guns

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    I don't get why the HW57 gets such a hard time.

It always seems to be regarded as the 77's poor cousin. My mates got a standard 177 version that is lovely to shoot - no twanginess, no accuracy problems because of the pop up breach, its just a right nice little gun - a bit girly but theres something soft and petite about it - which surely can't be a bad thing in air gun terms.

Surely the HW57 must be full of tuning promise's? As for a 7'57 I just don't know, probably horrible

But then a 57'7 would be sweet!
    I agree, just don't understand what the problem is unless like your good-self too many have issues with anything that's "not man enough". Girly? What's Girly about it for goodness sake? Who in their right mind wants to lug around anything bigger or heavier than necessary, I certainly don't and no longer being in the first flush of youth along I suspect with a great many others on here I'm actually finding it a bit heavy going now after about a hundred or so shot sessions. The HW30S is my favourite now - just the sweetest rifle but if the 57 is Girly goodness knows what a real man would think of this little gem with its 7ft/lb output!!

But as our Amercian friends are wont to say "it's a tack driver". But at £200 it can't be any good can it?

If that's a step too far for most then the 57 is a great gun and probably does all that the others do whilst looking very neat, cocking easily, weighing a lot less and costing a lot less. The pop up breech makes absolute sense, is much easier to load than a break barrel and is safer too. Mine is .22 and never been touched since it was bought, bedded in nicely now and shoots straight and smooth enough for me.

Maybe if they doubled the price sales would take a hike - very underrated in my humble opinion and I haven't seen anything still made that I'd swap it for. Might sell it if it gets too heavy for my ageing bones though

ATB
    Hombre
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.

I have a mini 77 in the form of a SMK underlever. 8ftlb of dinky finger chopping goodness. I prefer the 57.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    +1 on being a 57 fan. I bought one about a month ago. Had never shot one before, but someone was virtually giving it away. It's a great little springer. Once you have had a little play with the pop-up breech to smooth out the action, it's great.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?