Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Wanut Stock for FWB Sport

Wanted - Wanut Stock for FWB Sport

As above folks, please PM me with anything you have to offer.
    Thanks.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

They don't exist unless a custom or Beeman which was specially done for them for the American market and probably not even from the factory.
    You could put me down for any group buy.

MAG did do 1 of 100 FWB Sports with walnut stocks ( albeit a direct factory copy but in plain (ish) walnut not beech) in 1982 at the same time as BSA were producing the 1 0f 1000 Centenary Airsporters - which I have)

Obviously, some had better grain than others but not the same as the Beeman offering (MAG were the sole UK Beeman agents at that time before Webley took it on ) of which Alan and Graham both had excellent examples on their personal 127 and 124's respectively.

IJ has Alan's 127 I believe eek:

Maccari may still so them ?

HTH

Back in the 1980s, I bought an FWB Sport with walnut stock via mail order from Manchester Air Guns. The finish wasn't the best but it was a decent bit of wood. I ended up Tru-oiling it but wasn't happy with the result and gave it away to a friend.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    MAG did do 1 of 100 FWB Sports with walnut stocks ( albeit a direct factory copy but in plain (ish) walnut not beech) in 1982 at the same time as BSA were producing the 1 0f 1000 Centenary Airsporters - which I have)

Obviously, some had better grain than others but not the same as the Beeman offering (MAG were the sole UK Beeman agents at that time before Webley took it on ) of which Alan and Graham both had excellent examples on their personal 127 and 124's respectively.

HTH

IJ has Graham's, Alan will not part with his - I've tried! These two were 'specials' direct from Beeman, not two of the 100 walnut stocked ones. These 'specials'
    are a sight to behold.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post

HTH
    I was in the shop today talking to Graham about the FWB's (amongst other guns) and he referred to 50 walnut stocked Sports that MAG purchased?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

The rifle referred to above:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=3

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=4

Pity its a right hooker!

One of our club members and a member on here, Andy Mc. (AMAC) recently had a gorgeous left handed stock made for him by Tom Woods. Perhaps thats the way to go.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The rifle referred to above:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=3

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=4

Pity its a right hooker!

One of our club members and a member on here, Andy Mc. (AMAC) recently had a gorgeous left handed stock made for him by Tom Woods.

HTH
    Ian
    More info please, has he got a website?

Herr Jones has unfortunately made a mistake with our fellow club members name and email address. A clear sign of early senility and proof that his aversion to Wobbly pistols is now starting to affect his reasoning. Those of you reading "Airgunner" may well have noticed a piece I did recently regarding my own restocked Sport.

Tom Forrest has done an excellent job of mine. He can be contacted via email on minitomone@gmail.com. Dont think he has a website as such, but will no doubt be able to forward prospective customers some digital images of his quite outstanding work.Tell him I sent you!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post

Tom Forrest
    Andy
    Tom Forrest - Tom Woods. Can you see how senility got the better of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Herr Jones has unfortunately made a mistake with our fellow club members name and email address. A clear sign of early senility and proof that his aversion to Wobbly pistols is now starting to affect his reasoning. Those of you reading "Airgunner" may well have noticed a piece I did recently regarding my own restocked Sport.

Tom Forrest has done an excellent job of mine. He can be contacted via email on minitomone@gmail.com. Dont think he has a website as such, but will no doubt be able to forward prospective customers some digital images of his quite outstanding work.Tell him I sent you!

Andy
    Thanks Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    I was in the shop today talking to Graham about the FWB's (amongst other guns) and he referred to 50 walnut stocked Sports that MAG purchased?
    Jud

They were advertised in AGW as 1 of 100 perhaps they bought 50 to see how they sold ?

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    IJ has Graham's, Alan will not part with his - I've tried! These two were 'specials' direct from Beeman, not two of the 100 walnut stocked ones. These 'specials'
    are a sight to behold.

I thought IJ's was a .22 (127) as that was Alan's calibre whereas Graham was (still is ?) a .177 man (He also used to shoot 17 REM in centrefire ! when no one else did -early 1980's)

I used to frequent MAG weekly from when they opened in 1977 until the mid 1990's when I moved from the Manchester area so have not been in for at least 15 years .

I.J.s is a .22 I have asked him many times to sell it to me but he is a mingebag

I have a walnut stocked mastersport

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I.J.s is a .22 I have asked him many times to sell it to me but he is a mingebag
    Mingebag with a lovely .22 Sport.

ATB
    Mingebag