Thread: HW95 Range

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a TX200HC in .177 and an HW95 in .20. I love them both but in the past I have always had trouble with the HW95 as it is very susceptible to muzzle flip especially with the light HW silencer stuck on the end. Even ones in the highest state of tune like the SFS Banshee and the Venom Lazaglide suffered from flip- in my hands at least. With my current rifle which I tuned myself I have cured the 'flip' with a reasonably heavy steel muzzle weight and it is capable of surprising accuracy. I shoot it at my club up to 55 yards and it is great fun and shows impressive performance even in my hands. It is also remarkably handy and pointable. However, you will probably find a TX200 with its underlever adding balance and weight to the front easier to shoot well initially. As you want the rifle for targets, of the 2 I think the TX200 in .177 would be a safer option for you. However, for mixed use-a bit of target shooting and a bit of hunting- I would choose the HW95 in .20. As has been said try and handle them both.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 11-10-2013 at 09:47 PM.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.